Underwater Video Footage-Port Stanvac Blocks

Hi, I have added a number of new video's to youtube.Ale asked for Port Stanvac Blocks (Oil Terminal) so I have added this.Some of the other recent videos are from over the West Coast and Eyre Peninsula, so may not be of interestwww.youtube.com/ozdiverdown for all videos or just for Oil Terminal thenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ox1XxIA9koRegards.

Hi' date=' I have added a number of new video's to youtube.Ale asked for Port Stanvac Blocks (Oil Terminal) so I have added this.Some of the other recent videos are from over the West Coast and Eyre Peninsula, so may not be of interestRegards.[/quote']Wow, what can I say, many thanx mate!! I fished that spot many a time , and was super curious as to what was down there.Ive posted before that I believe the surrounding areas must have more stuff. I had a thread on here a few years ago where some aerial shots where posted from when the refinery was operating. Showed another 3 areas that might have some underwater sturcture left.Thats video shows some decent size pipes, can I ask, is there a pipe that runs all the way back to the jetty ontop of the sea floor?I was also under the impression there was a platform of sorts under there?Anyway, many thanx for sharing, once again helped me get a better grasp of one of the areas I and many more frequent. Legend!!oh, and you probs have one of my anchors in your collection from when Stormboy decided to drop it right on top of the structure :laugh::laugh:

Hi, no there is no sub-platform as such.there are blocks in a few locations, and from the main pipe structure in video there are 4 chains running out roughly in 45 degree angles. The chains are what a couple of anchors got caught on. Yes, the Pipe runs a couple of km's back to Land.The string was simply a line from our anchor to the mainland pipe run, so it is easier to pick up where the boat is by sighting the line as swimming back. because of the depth, and filming, and chasing anchors, not much conservative dive time is there, and it makes it a bit easier to get to the boat in an emergency without having to sift around.I surveyed this strucutre about 5-6 years ago, unfortunately the data has been lost in time at one of the dive shops.I have seen this site rich in snapper, and i have seen it fairly bland, as mentioned in a thread, some time ago.Thanks for the interest, and I will be having an anchor sale soon to raise some boat ramp fees or fuel money - I have a home made SARCA, 2 x no: 4's Grapplers, and a small danforth, maybe another grapler if any interest.

Nice Video!One of those anchors looks suspiciously like one of mine lost on a horrendously rough night out there after dragging!! :lol::lol: :lol:I am lead to believe that the pipework was for offloading in rough conditions. There should be at least two pumps down there somewhere too. I have run an underwater cam there a few times and seen them there.

one of the grapplers is mine B) buy it back if the price is rite :Po yeh awesome footage been hanging to see that joint from that angle' date=' had some wild sessions there and also som realy bad bomb outs funny old spot have evan heard of kgs schooling up there in massive numbers but wont bite for love or money.[/quote']I think we fish similar areas mate.... We should talk. :P Storm boy won't admit it, but he has got more reds from that drop than his beloved north side, 94cm Pb I reckon...That same night, I got a good KGW, on a 6/0 circle :huh:

The dump is a nice dive from my perspective. I don't have specific marks because any anchor in the area will put you on something. A mass of cables and all sorts of dumped metal. It is a great haven, and yes snapper run in there as well.Some years ago I was taking friends for a joy ride on the boat, and pulled up over the dump, to have a seal lie on its back alongside my boat, with one massive snapper between its fins, where it casually ripped the head off, dropped the head, and took another big bite, dropping the remainder snapper. It ate what it had, then dove down and resurfaced with the remains took another rip into it, and did this until it ate the whole fish 3 times. Quite amazing to watch before our eyes.I recon there would be a few anchors lost in the dump, but there is no one single location that I know off.For migrating fish, like anything - right place right time. I lost my mask of my head in schooling fish once of port noarlunga jetty, go figure.I think the Blocks are well positioned and only thing standing for transiting schools, with the seawolf and lumb wrecks further south of port noarlunga.Send me coordinates if you have specific anchor spot, where you have lost anchors.Regards.

The dump is a nice dive from my perspective. I don't have specific marks because any anchor in the area will put you on something. A mass of cables and all sorts of dumped metal. It is a great haven' date=' and yes snapper run in there as well.Some years ago I was taking friends for a joy ride on the boat, and pulled up over the dump, to have a seal lie on its back alongside my boat, with one massive snapper between its fins, where it casually ripped the head off, dropped the head, and took another big bite, dropping the remainder snapper. It ate what it had, then dove down and resurfaced with the remains took another rip into it, and did this until it ate the whole fish 3 times. Quite amazing to watch before our eyes.I recon there would be a few anchors lost in the dump, but there is no one single location that I know off.For migrating fish, like anything - right place right time. I lost my mask of my head in schooling fish once of port noarlunga jetty, go figure.I think the Blocks are well positioned and only thing standing for transiting schools, with the seawolf and lumb wrecks further south of port noarlunga.Send me coordinates if you have specific anchor spot, where you have lost anchors.Regards.[/quote']Cheers. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic video, very clear footage.I lost my Sarca anchor there on the 6th of OctI could have cried when we dragged and I couldn't budge it. The weather picked up (causing the dragged anchor) but also dodgy work trying to release it. I ended up cutting the rope after 15mins of sweat and tears and trying soo many different angles. At one stage we had three of us on the rope trying to make it budge!So there is a no 1 Sarca about 5m of chain and nearly 30m of rope down there that I added to the mark.Bugger! :c :c :c :c

Thanks for sharing. I was very interested in the video of the Eleni K.I was in Grade 1 at Ceduna Area School when she broke her back years ago and can remember a cray boat towing the life boat to Ceduna jetty.We had a dive at the site at Goat Island around 1977 but were restricted on were we could move due to the hooka hose. I have heard over the years that a lot of gear was removed from the site such as brass wear.There is a memorial plaque near by that the guys from the local dive club maintain.Thanks again.