my big local snapper i released.

Nice one srick. looks like the big fish are on the chew.would this be a resident fish or one moving in to spawn.I have heard that the redder the snap the more crustaceans its been feeding on. what did ya catch this one one?Love the feeling of releasing a big fish.I let one go for a mate called shane that was over 10kilo, when it kicked it nearly sprained my wrist. It then dove straight down like a torpedo. Nothing can top that feeling of seeing it swim free. GREAT FISH AND GREAT FOOTAGE.although my sound doesnt work so thats a bit of a bummer for me. :woohoo:

shane wrote:

Well done srickNice camera work as well on your solo catch and releaseWhat was the camera and was it just around your neck? Top effort + 1 karma

yes i held it with two fingers with the rod in my hand, it went well. great fun and very rewarding seeing him swim off.
afishyfish wrote:

Top stuff Srick :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: .The vid being in 3 sections makes it a bit more interesting I reckonI love the Rod-cam too B);):laugh: Is that Tinny an older model Quinny by any chance?It looks a lot like my Brothers boat.Cheers and well done mate :ohmy: :cheer: :woohoo:

the tinny is a dehavalin runnerbout. painted.It was caught on tommy tail. thats my favorite bait for bigger snaps. rigged tail closer to rod tip, on running rig 80cm long ish, with 2 snelled 5/0's, sharp as gammies, octopus style. and hooks just pinned through skin. so heaps of barb out for thoes big boys that like to pick up and run, great hook up rate. remember they used to sharp stuff in their food (like barbs and spikes) so dont be worried to have heaps of hook exposed.

HA...SHOES... IF I GET A AIR I WEAR THEM TIL THEYA RE DEAD.... adidas for me... damn i miss my old adidas romes....my fishing shoes before i don the waders are also adidas... they both have a split about 4 inchs long down each side... but who cares... they are worn in and comfyhell ive still got a pair of docks i wear, and rm williams boots.

• 9 months later...
rocknev wrote:

HA...SHOES... IF I GET A AIR I WEAR THEM TIL THEYA RE DEAD.... adidas for me... damn i miss my old adidas romes....my fishing shoes before i don the waders are also adidas... they both have a split about 4 inchs long down each side... but who cares... they are worn in and comfyhell ive still got a pair of docks i wear, and rm williams boots.

romes... gold shoes...
voogoofish wrote:

rocknev wrote:

romes... gold shoes...
gold?.......arent they white with 3 blue stripes down the side :unsure: