Top Day Fishing Off The Rocks...

Went out to the rocks today with nev Fishing, he said Id catch a snapper , im like, bet I dont :unsure: Ohhhh I had an absolute ball, caught 4 snapper and a fiddler ray, what a blast, awesome time ..Conditions were perfect, couldn't asked for a better day, was spot on....Ok First Spot Rods in the water, hooked up, Was thinking Hmmmm this is a heavy, even thought I'd lost what ever it was.. , started to wind in,thinkin What The..Brought it in and caught this Big Bugger... Fiddler ray, that was top fun .. :laugh: Let him go back of course...Posted ImagePosted ImageMoved around a few spots after that...Then to another and then Ohhhhhhhh Yer here we go... :woohoo: :woohoo: And first cast, on..WOOHOO...Bought one in, cast out and bang, got 2....Posted Image Then again, cast out, got my third snapper.... :woohoo: :woohoo: Posted ImageAnother cast and here comes my fourth snapper, what a Hoot.... :woohoo: Posted ImageGutting, still cant get the smell out me hand :PPosted ImageWhat a top top day.... :D Thank you heaps nev for the fish, was brilliant, and the tips on casting :) No way I can get it out that far like u lol :laugh: Im sure some one steel blokes got hit in the head :laugh:;) BTW Nev, I did get burnt in the face :blush: DOH!!!!!!! Ohhhhh and Softy, I never dropped one when it wiggled, hee hee.. :laugh::laugh::P;) :silly: Good luck fellas when ya get here, if the weather is as good as it was today, ul be on... :)

hahahaha... I GOT OUTFISHED... what did i catch? A BIT FAT ZERO hehehe.truth be known, this trip wasnt about me catching a fish... ive caught my share from the rocks, indluding one last night which brings my tally to the year to 43 now..yeah i know... im bragging... B) i fished for a little while, then it was realised i didnt bring enough sinkers.... so i opted to leave my rod on the car and help sandy catch her fish.FULL CREDIT TO THE WOMAN.she hooked, and landed every fish...including that mother fiddler.i had sunscreen on, but still got burnt on my face and legs...and my arms are pretty red as well..was a top day with good company.now... its kirks turn..which will hopefully also be a good day, and i KNOW the company will be good for a chat with kirk.

tonyb wrote:

Well done Sandy :woohoo: Luv the way you get stuck into fishing with so much enthusiasm B) Onya for getting down and dirty with the cleaning of the fish B) Great report/pics on what looks to be a pretty blustery day ;)

incredibly perfect conditions for rock fishing.rough and dirtywhen we first got there, it was a 3mtr tide...side on wind, so we were throwing to the left, and heaps of weed in the water grabbing our lines and taking them sideways and into the rocks.when tide started moving, it raced out...and after a few shifts, one to a place ive been meaning to try, but was unproductive (didnt lose any sinkers there though) it was back to the original place.. by this time the tide was now well out, and we were now stanind where we were casting out bait before... it got rougher, and even dirtier...CHOICE snapper weather.
Cal wrote:

Thats darn top angling sandy,really enjoyed the report,and onya Nev for taking her out to your beloved rocks and helping her achieve such a top feed.Cheers B)

For sure.. He is a top Guide :) Lunch time came about, he goes whats the time, Im like after bout 12, he goes k, some should be coming thru, and NO WORD of a lie, bang, hooked up.. :ohmy: :ohmy: Sure he has Diver spies Under the water :huh::laugh:;)
pescados wrote:

Well done Sandy, some nice fish. :) From the looks of it, Nev survived the day and no bananas ??? ;)

hahahqaha THANK god.... i was half expecting her to walk out of the house with a huge bunch of nana's when i picked her updel...sushi,,, reckon the only sushi will be raw snapper you catch matesofty,,,, can see very runny ( and raw) eggs heading your way bloke... :laugh:

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little envious, no were near it big time envy That is great stuff, snapper of the rocksWho needs a boat when you can catch quality fish like that?Well done I am sure the hair and the sun burn was worth every minute I will have to remember that one here Fishies Fishie FishieI have been using fishy fish and it hasn’t been workingI think you will need a couple more cartons of eggs just saw half of Adelaide driving your way ;)