Biggest Mully...

thanks for the support there guys, those who know me will know that i hate killing fish and am often irritated by those who continually take big fish. these magnificent creatures have a place in the ecosystem and i have vowed never to kill another. that particular fish was fibreglass cast by Rob Chenda and will remain one of my most memorable captures, it's death was not simply for some fillets in the freezer. i certainly don't begrudge those who choose to keep a trophy fish, but the big ones are just to0 old and valuable to be taken everyday.oh and for those who are wondering about the "big big muwwoway" joke... this came from a friendly vietnamese bloke down at the garden island ramp. his english was not so good, but he was a real character!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi fellas, thought I would kick start an old thread and see what you guys have been catching. This is my biggest mully, didn't get the weight but was 141cms tip to tip. Caught on the west coast a few

Hi fellas. Here's a pic of my best metro mully caught just b4 I sold my cuddy cab a little while back. Over the 50lb mark. These fish don't come easy but magic can happen for those who persist. I just

130cm on a livie on k-mart gear in the lake

Posted Images

mate im extremely jealous, u must be a very,very happy man, i kno how much effort and time goes into finding these silver flanked beauty's especially on light gear. let us kno when u need a side kick ;D ;D ;D :D :D. ure article and photos have given me more incentive to hurry up and pay the quinny off off so i can get the profish. cant wait ;D ;D

Big Big Mowowaaaaaayyyy

thanks for the support there guys, those who know me will know that i hate killing fish and am often irritated by those who continually take big fish. these magnificent creatures have a place in the ecosystem and i have vowed never to kill another. that particular fish was fibreglass cast by Rob Chenda and will remain one of my most memorable captures, it's death was not simply for some fillets in the freezer. i certainly don't begrudge those who choose to keep a trophy fish, but the big ones are just to0 old and valuable to be taken everyday.oh and for those who are wondering about the "big big muwwoway" joke... this came from a friendly vietnamese bloke down at the garden island ramp. his english was not so good, but he was a real character!

Now we know! And knowing is half the battle!G-I-J-O-O-O-O-O-O-E

good fishie forsure gi joe. surprised to hear the mullie you released swam away easily. i was devostated to have one die a few weeks back after two flicks. i tried real hard to revive it but it seamed lifless and had way too much air in it to keep under water. i like you will get rob to tag my first 20kilo mullie and never planned on killing that 15kilo jewie. i tagged one a month before that estimated at around 14kilo that in itself took almort two hours to get strong enough to release. they seam weak fish. ill take better care on the next way to good to be caught once i say. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brooksey_134 actually down the mouth they were caught. The top one on 25lb mono using an old Daiwa sealine 135H or something like that and an 8-12kg backbone rod. A mate said he has the same rod... for salmon. I had not had something go that hard before. Some people laugh at the photos cos i am 6'6" and make the fish look small

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...