I use polaroid Bolle safety glasses kindly donated to me for free as PPE from work... they're about $90 from Evans Safety on Donald Bradman Drive.... they're very rugged and can withstand a lot of torture... and being polaroids they cut thru' the water glare enabling you to see the fish below the surface.I've had lots of sunnies over the years including spotters and these are by far the best I've hadhttp://www.bollesafety.com.au/products/spectacles/product%20profiles/Prowler.pdf

I've had spotters, bolle's, ugly fish and mako polaroid's over the years, all great fishing sunnies and I managed to loose or destroy them all :whistle: Now the wife has made me cut my sunny spending and I'm on servo polaroids....... and they work great, I have a pair for bright and a pair for low light, frankly I'm amazed at how well they work, honestly pretty much the same as the $200+ pairs I've had, still in the future will go back to the upmarket ones for comfort and B) cool

Been there done that with all the expensive glasses and now use the jarvis walker brand which are very light in weight polarized and comfortable not to mention that they float as well in case you let them have a swim :lol: also for $30 u can't really go wrong.Thats just my opinion but may help. :woohoo:

Have the same, got 2 pair with JW watches as part of a rod promo2 years and still going strong, lenses don't scratch too easy which is but a good thing.

i wear my spotters for everything... i even use em for safety glasses at work... as im always outside... and if i use those bolloe polarised sunnies i get headaches and what not... with the spotters it completly reflects the sun and since i work in a shed and outside its light enough that i dont have to take em off in the shed... Best 280 i invested in for my eyes as im prone to massive headaches and migrains

Guest boys day out
BDO' date=' how do the glass lenses hold up? Im keen on a decent pair of polaroids, but was a bit worried how the glass lenses would go with a bit of rough treatment.Cheers[/quote']I have given them a lot of what for and not a problem and not one scratch yetyou pay a bit more for glass I think it was worth it.:laugh: :laugh:

Had glass put in my mako's when I wore glasses. They are tough wearing, glass being far more resiliant to scratching than plastic. The trade off however is that they are also heavier. I ended up going back to the plastic crx lenses after a while. Now have a pair of "fish" sunnies that I won recently and am liking these more so than the Mako's. Both seem to have the same penetrating properties as each other

A website called Fishnet gave me a pair of Makos as a gift about ten years ago for appearing in a television film segment.The wrap around type with lenses also on the sides to prevent side glare! Absolutely fantastic, and an item I treasure and care for.Fantastic investment, but they don't come cheap at around $260!MickSA, I can understand your loss, and if it were me, I'd be replacing the lost Makos with a pair of Makos!

Agree 100 % with BDO' date=' i have the same pair well worth the money best ive ever had. 2 and a half years and barley a mark on em and they've even been in the orchard a bit. GOLD[/quote']I have a pair of Acetat Ugly Fish's that have had custom Blue Mirror Carl Zeiss prescription lenses put in em and I have also had the words Big Reds etched in the corner for that added bling.
Agree 100 % with BDO' date=' i have the same pair well worth the money best ive ever had. 2 and a half years and barley a mark on em and they've even been in the orchard a bit. GOLD[/quote']I have a pair of Acetate Ugly Fish's that have had custom Blue Mirror Carl Zeiss prescription lenses put in em and I have also had the words Big Reds etched in the corner for that added bling.These lenses are still perfect after much saltwater has hit them. I wash them down each trip as they cost approx $600. I didnt pay that much as my wife who worked in prescription glasses at the time had contacts at Uglyfish and Carl Zeiss.But I do recommend the uglyfish frames. They are fantatstic. Carl Zeiss lenses of course are top of the line.

I guess the one thing this thread shows us, is that there's any number of good, reputable brands out there, so for my money I'd be comparing price, durability and especially comfort. There's nothing worse than a pair of glasses which dig in above your ears or constantly fall of ya face.........and invest in a safety strap/band too if you're gonna be anywhere near the water!

Spotters can be made in prescription lenses. I wear prescription Spotters and would not wear anything else. They are available in CR or Glass Lenses. We also have a large range of Spotters in stock in Polycarb, CR and Glass. Spotters are Australian Made and can be repaired at a resonable cost unlike some of the other name brand glasses. We have some Spotters SPECIALS at the moment from $69.95 Compleat Angler Wallaroo 88223840Moonta 88253400

rather than start a new thread' date=' a mate of mine wears prescription glasses, and is wondering how to wear them under diving goggles... any idea? there must be something on the market[/quote']A company called RX Dive makes Prescription Dive Masks. They are around the $300 dollar mark but the quality is fantastic. These guys are the pioneers of Prescription Dive Masks and thats what serious divers who have prescriptions are now using.Heres the link.http://www.opticallenssupplies.com.au/If your mate does order a pair, tell him to say he was recommended by Brett and Becky Oakley and ask if he can receive a discount.My wife Becky was the finance Manager there for some years.

FL give me a ring on my home number 83846267 and I will get in contact with a local company called RX Safety who can have carl zeiss lenses in any colour or tint you want made and fitted to your Oakleys.You will never have seen more clearly in your life and the lenses are near bullet proof

Cheers man, will keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer B) I actually claim my lenses through insurance extras not sure that RX safety would be a reputable dealer in order to do this though
rather than start a new thread' date=' a mate of mine wears prescription glasses' date=' and is wondering how to wear them under diving goggles... any idea? there must be something on the market[/quote'']A company called RX Dive makes Prescription Dive Masks. They are around the $300 dollar mark but the quality is fantastic. These guys are the pioneers of Prescription Dive Masks and thats what serious divers who have prescriptions are now using.Heres the link.http://www.opticallenssupplies.com.au/If your mate does order a pair, tell him to say he was recommended by Brett and Becky Oakley and ask if he can receive a discount.My wife Becky was the finance Manager there for some years.
will do, emailed him the link