Just got in from Clarries. Went out in .5-1m slop, but after a couple hrs got a bit nastier 1-2m. Got some good air in mates 6.25 cruise craft , loved it :laugh: :laugh: Found the structure easy, anchored up tide from it, first cast, bang 45cm on the board. talks of first ever bag out. But then for the next 2 hrs our baits just got smashed to bits by 25 cm babies.Been a good weekend , now for some rest in front of the cricket B)

Any big macks out there yet... they normally come in with the hot weather. I wouldn't mind getting some for sushi :)
Been getting big yellowtail (up to 40cm :cheer: ) under the slimeys' date=' if you like your fish raw give these a go they are top notch ;)[/quote'] I've never thought of trying scad to eat as I normally throw them back as i've found the snapper aren't real enthused about themI have a soft spot for Clarries as this is where the police boat found my uncles boat back in 1964 after 3 days of searching... was still at anchor turned upside down with the snapper lines still tied off the gunwales and a big split down the middle of the boat.. they never found the 2 bodies so were listed as missing and not shark attacks even tho' the police said that's what happened... never under estimate the great white's in our Gulf. It might seem fun to antagonise them at the surface to get some good footage but one day it will all come unstuck :ohmy:

Any big macks out there yet... they normally come in with the hot weather. I wouldn't mind getting some for sushi :)

Got heaps down south yesty, all different sizes. Got my 85cm red on a whole one at 25cm caught only moments earlier, inhaled it. Didn't get my hooks back till I gutted it :)

What happens is, if you hook them in the throat/mouth and leave the trace in till you get home (like I do) they will slowly gurgitate the hook down their throat into their stomach as they lay in your esky... always be very careful when gutting snapper as you'll end up putting the hook into your hand :)

. Got my 85cm red on a whole one at 25cm caught only moments earlier' date=' inhaled it. Didn't get my hooks back till I gutted it :)[/quote']That's teh second time Ive read that today ale :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)B)
As a very novice snapper fisho, Ive probs caught less than 10 legal reds, non bigger than 45cm until yesty. Im quite proud of my dodge tide 85cm red. :P
As a very novice snapper fisho' date=' Ive probs caught less than 10 legal reds, non bigger than 45cm until yesty. Im quite proud of my dodge tide 85cm red. :P[/quote']I would be too mate, well done :)B) I was very lucky in that my first fish was over 13 Kilos (many years ago) and caught by fluke as much as anything :blink: :whistle: I hardly rate myself as an expert, but its all good fun when you start getting those violent head shakes :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
. Got my 85cm red on a whole one at 25cm caught only moments earlier' date=' inhaled it. Didn't get my hooks back till I gutted it :)[/quote']That's teh second time Ive read that today ale :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)B)
As a very novice snapper fisho' date=' Ive probs caught less than 10 legal reds, non bigger than 45cm until yesty. Im quite proud of my dodge tide 85cm red. :P[/quote']Dodge or not, NICE fish! I don't know about anybody else, but I nearly piss my pants with excitement everytime a big Snapper like that makes it onto the deck :woohoo:
  • 4 months later...

Pretty surprised not to see a few anchors stuck on that wreck :huh:

Thought this thread was worth digging up and adding this it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUW01j9iL3Yseems pretty recent and the user has another couple nice vids

Great Vid and relaxing soundtrack Ale, I almost nodded off watching it :P

WOW, that was bonkers footage. SUPER EXCITED BY THAT.FISHED IT PLENTY OF TIMES.my mate got a 28lbr Last season.I can be a big fish drop at times but a good burley trail is the key and fresh Macks in my opinion are best.Need to put the time in their and you will get rewarded thats for sure.thanks again for posting that vid.Has made my night