20th onka mully landed in the canoe ...

Just a quick one hopefully . Went out fri night down the onk with my misses Sian . Spent six hours chasing live bait for just 2 fish . Got about 2 dozen bream in the process (if not more) to about 20cm . Got a bit annoying , used up all our bait . Ran into Fushlups and MrT out on the onk . It was dark by this time an all i saw was these faint silhouettes cast by their fishfinders lump out at me . Nice to meet you fellas should catch up for a better intro and a mully sesh in the yaks and canoe ? Ran into them a couple of more times and then waited for the right time to cast my 1 bait fish in . Bang i was on and this is the result .IMG_5191Medium.JPG81cm . my best is 82cm . IMG_5189Medium.JPGohh soo closeIMG_5194Medium.JPGIMG_5198Medium.JPGand the video with some extra bitshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucr-yvwenCMtight lines

Jimbo! Great catching up Friday night buddy... You got lucky, lures weren't producing the goods for us, too much weed and found it difficult in the pitch black. Would be a hell of a lot easier lure fishing with a full moon.Flick me a msg next time you are heading out. I'm planning on hitting the onk Thurs Fri this week....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on the Onk last night with no luck . Wrong area but i did see a awesome wake from something large swimming under the surface and i also had my fish finder go of in 3.5m of water with the biggest smudge underneath . Had no bait left and no lures spew . Very calm on the water .

hey jimbo i walked the banks of the onk with a torch last weekend and was astounded by the amount of bait fish hugging the edges at the moment, do you think this could be the reason for lack of fish, their bellys must be full of food i reckon nothings really interested in my lures either... cheers snake

You know snake that was a thought that had crossed my mind . There was a lot of mullet bubbling at the surface when i was trying to catch them but i didnt have as much time to catch them unfortunately . I didnt get many and I ended up coming home earlier than usual because of this so i just cruised back with the flow of the onk last night to have a listen and see if i could learn anything new . There was heaps off surface bait and it wouldnt surprise me if they could pick and chose what ever they wanted right now . There has also been a lot of water staying in the onk this week and this also has caused some wet lands to flood and fill up .