Hey Grego,I picked up a T-Curve recently. Revolution Offshore 701SW 6-12kg. I have absolutely nothing negative to say! You could hold that rod all day. It's quite light and has a very good action. I have coupled it with a Daiwa Crest 4000, it's not a huge reel but she stood up to a recorded 8kg Snapper and a suspected 10+kg.Costs $179.00 from Ray & Annes.

Gotta agree with what a few others have said:T-Curves are great.TD Sols are great.Wilson Texaliums are good but they're a bit heavier in the hand than others and some of the components (guides particularly) are of a lower spec than those found elsewhere.Even for the money Shimano Rack Raiders are a good buy. Similarly, the old Berkely Dropshots are good value for money but both of these rods are a fair way lower than the price bracket you mentioned.If it was me, I'd probably go with a T-Curve or a similarly priced Daiwa Saltist or Bayrubber or something along those lines.Good luck. Let us know how you go.

If you could find one I would go GUSA Double Helix. For the money though see if you can find a blank you like and build it yourself, its not that hard and gives you something to do over the winter. More than happy to show you how.I have built a number of rods now that I could never have afforded if I bought them as a custom. Cheers

I did the rounds this arvo, looking to replace my broken rack raider 6'8" 3-5kg. Played with the equivalent revolution t curve, daiwa tierra, the rapala's brenton is talking about, even the berkley attacks and dropshots.Could've easly saved some $$ and got another attack ( already have a 5-8kg) but I kept coming back to the Shimano Jewel 721 1-4kg. SFS will get my hard earned 2morro. They look sooo sexy and with the slightly longer butt and a bit extra in length(compared to the raider its replacing)It will be a great all rounder for light bait fishing and occasional lure/plastix flicking.The heavier Jewel would make a great light snapper outfit.I was close on the T curve, but when loaded, the jewel felt "firmer"..Oh and did I mention the Jewel looks sexy.. cant wait to get it 2morro :)