Marine park meeting!!! Whos going???

I'll be there with a few lads' date=' from what I've been hearing from other fishers around there is going to be a lot of people. UNITED WE STAND![/quote']Had a message from my mate Shane last night (NON strikehooker), asking if I was going - of course he was stoked when I told him that yes I would be there. So its REALLY good to see other anglers are determined to take a stance against this!Brett

Im not entirely sure of what the EXACT aim of this meeting is either?But with the media present, is it to show how many anglers are upset by the no-take zones, or is it to support Sarfac as they present our views to (a ministers representative) - and can someone confirm if the Ministers Rep is going to be there still?? :huh: :huh: :huh: I did a bit more research on the meeting and found this flyer prepared by SARFAC.http://www.sarfac.com/downloads/3_fold_SA_MARINE_PARK_%20FLYER.pdfThis shows that there will be a few different parties represented but if the Minister for Environment or Rep or the Shadow Minister dont attend then surely there would be no point in holding the meeting??Or am I missing something???Tks Brett

Heres a great answer as to the point of tonights meeting posted by RJ5023As you say, the biggest impact will be with the numbers who attend - and maybe the amount of noise they make.I think that at some point the minister and DENR will have to face the music, but it seems that they're not doing it tonight and the level of debate will suffer because of it.Aside from a big turnout, perhaps the best thing from tonight will be hearing from everyone who's impacted, experiencing the level of support and setting the scene for what's to come.I think the numbers are the most important item, because that's what will switch on both the pollies and the media. See you there...Cheers,

A old school physical protest for sure!... Maybe not the boat parade (the car one the other week got all kinds of wrong publicity)It would certainly be getting some media outlets listening, and thats whats needed. The voices will then be taken to the lounge rooms.. I have friends and family who have no idea about what has been going on and although they arent regularly fishing the dozen or so times they go each year they will still be effected.And actual campaign to over ride the government.

any publicity is good publicity kat or what about a carping day at the torrens and deliver the catch to parliment house :_)

ahaha or so they say.. If protesters piss me off or act like fools i tend to ignore them.Ultimately carp left on the steps will show thats all we will have left :DIm sure i could make a nice Carp windchime.