Which one is better??

Just want your opinion on which magazine you think is better?You probably buy both of them but surely you've got a favourite?Wild Coast magorSA Angler??I met shane from SA Angler last night at a salmon comp meeting I attend and told him I only buy the other one. so he gave me a free copy and It does give alot of good information on specific places- Actually he is going to write on up on the little town where I live called Elliston for the next issue and I might even get to go fishing with the champ.So now my magazine pile is going to double as I but Wild Coast, Western Angler and now the SA AnglerLines tight!

Got to say I've always been a fan of S.A Angler. I have been reading Shane's magazine for a long time and also as our shops are customers we have regular dealings with him. He's a top bloke and always happy to stop for a chat about whatever.That being said, Wildcoast is also a great mag. I love the brag board. I went to Tafe with Shane Murton back before Wildcoast existed and all we used to do was talk about fishing then as well so it's not really a surprise that he moved on to this. :P

There was a time when I couldn't imagine if there wasn't SA angler.... Now I couldn't be without SA Angler AND WILDCOAST :)I really like the regular regional reports in Wildcoast and I would have to say it's visually better than SA Angler, no doubt, but there is something about SA Angler that I still love.Ill put it this way; SA Angler is like the Original Star Trek with Captain Kirk.... WILDCOAST is like star trek next generation, better special effects,and superior in nearly every way, but hey, Captain Kirk and Spock can never fully be replaced ;)

I really like the regular regional reports in Wildcoast and I would have to say it's visually better than SA Angler' date=' no doubt, but there is something about SA Angler that I still love.Ill put it this way; SA Angler is like the Original Star Trek with Captain Kirk.... WILDCOAST is like star trek next generation, better special effects,and superior in nearly every way, but hey, Captain Kirk and Spock can never fully be replaced ;)[/quote']Agree. I think there was some suggestion that SA Angler was looking down the barrel of a bit of financial hardship before too. So, the more copies bought, the longer they'll be able to survive, the longer we as a fishing public get to enjoy their publication. I would encourage everyone to gt behind them.

I love them both!Wildcoast for Local Knowledge and SA Angler for pure fishing talent.Both look and read great. I am subscribed to SA Angler and buy Wildcoast! I reckon they are great and hey! They are SA Fishing so thats better than nothing TT

i think they both need to find some new material same stuff different issue getting over them to be honest... hence why i havent bought a copy for a while... just my opinion anyway

I have noticed that too.Every bloody bream article says the same thing. "graphite rod, small spinning reel, fish the structure" etc etc etc. WE ALREADY KNOW THIS!I guess that's where wild coast is better because SA angler doesn't have reports or the brag board which will always be different.

I'm a bit one eyed as I write a Column and articles for Wildcoast but what I've found is that the old saying that "everything has been done before" is true with all information media and an Editor's task is to constantly try and present new and interesting angles on every issue and it must be a constant headache all the time IMO.I've just become the owner of hundreds of Fishing magazines kindly donated by LBB and have had a ball raking through the work of some phenomenal Australian Fishing Authors who are all basically doing the same thing down the years but with their personal experiences thrown in to give their work something fresh or informative.Summing up, I think every single Australian fishing magazine is outstanding and you'd be hard pressed to fault the pictorial and editorial content of any of them.Keep on keeping on IMHO :clap::clap::clap:

i think they both need to find some new material same stuff different issue getting over them to be honest... hence why i havent bought a copy for a while... just my opinion anyway

Probably because SA fishin is crap and we dont have the variety of species / weather / styles / systems and quality of fish that the rest of the country has.

Probably because SA fishin is crap and we dont have the variety of species / weather / styles / systems and quality of fish that the rest of the country has.
totally agree, but surely they can find something else to write about.... or do something different

Best Snapper and Whiting fishery in the country. Just over two dozen mulloway have been brought onboard my little tinny over the past 4 months, and they are from shitty little metro creeks. Also landed two wild brown trout on my first effort 30mins.from the city centre. My mate landed a 43cm Bream from the port last month.And given.a boat with a bit of range, theres no stopping a SA Angler away from adelaide.SAMSONS, Kingys and a healthy tuna fishery. I reckon you must just be having a slump, or a crisis of faith Benm, we all feel that way sometimes, but SA is pretty much okay I reckon.The national magazines arent all that good IMO, too much advertising and eastern state/northern Australia stuff which is not relevant to me ;)Maybe get the lures out Ben hey, im.sure.a nice lure caught bream would get ya revved again :)
I have noticed that too.Every bloody bream article says the same thing. "graphite rod' date=' small spinning reel' date=' fish the structure" etc etc etc. WE ALREADY KNOW THIS!.[/quote''] HI fellas dont take any of this the wrong way.Would the new guys wanting to start out know what to use, where to fish, how to use a plastics, vibe, hard body, time of tide, change things up when things are tough, etc?I reckon you guys should give it crack your selves and if you have a half decent camera and your story flows well no doubt it will go to print. Both magazines love new blood and material!What do you fellas want to see in an article? bit of reconnaissance here as i would like to know so i can continue to write and keep guys happy as well as well informed. I know stories get repetitive but thats the nature of the beast.All articles written are from writers personal perspective and open for speculation but dont just say because you have read one you've read them all, You could be missing out on 1 or 2 vital clues that help you get a little better even if you think you cant.bit of insight to how that particular angler thinks.It is hard at times guys so just spare a thought for the people behind the scenes as reading things like this is a little shattering as i'm sure we all do our best to keep stories informative as well as entertaining.

I agree with Jack and Weaver. To say the fishing in SA is shit is a ridiculous comment also. :huh: Personally I prefer Wild Coast as it generally has less adds and some articles have been a great help to me since I been buying it, especially the reports. But I do buy SA Angler occasionally if a article catches my eye B)

Any fishing mag is good imo but i must admit to not buying either lately,i'd rather see a mag full of anglers experiences though instead of reports.....save them for the advertiser.p.s I love your stories from the salt Weaver and was looking forward to a few from the Rong......Its a place i want to check out if the fresh ever stops flowing and it looks like i've missed the boat again. cheers brenton

Any fishing mag is good imo but i must admit to not buying either lately' date='i'd rather see a mag full of anglers experiences though instead of reports.....save them for the advertiser.[/u']p.s I love your stories from the salt Weaver and was looking forward to a few from the Rong......Its a place i want to check out if the fresh ever stops flowing and it looks like i've missed the boat again. cheers brenton

spot on Brenton....

Hey WeavsNo harm intended by my comments :)In my opinion it is the magazines as a whole that seem to be lacking, not the individual articles. I've noticed it over the last few issues of both it seems like they are stretching for a healthy variety of articles. I'll have a look again and work out what it is and let you know :)Are you interested in article suggestions for you to write? I can have a flick through all my wildcoasts and see what I'd like to read if you want.I have a few on the go at the moment in various stages of progress :)

Any feed back is good feedback guys. Dont' take what i say like i'm on the back foot just think of both sides Just gets me thinking of what needs to go into an article to make it worth while for the readers. A lot of guys go jeez good article and that's it.Guys that write a lot to try change it up a bit from time to time. Technical how too's, trip reports and location guides, For me articles pretty much fall into these three catergories.Some are pure breds going into specifics and others are cross breeds and rather general in nature. Trip reports can be handy if the writer has mentioned the technique, location etc but i know what you are saying,This is all great info and highly appreciated

Best Snapper and Whiting fishery in the country. Just over two dozen mulloway have been brought onboard my little tinny over the past 4 months' date=' and they are from shitty little metro creeks. Also landed two wild brown trout on my first effort 30mins.from the city centre. My mate landed a 43cm Bream from the port last month.And given.a boat with a bit of range' date=' theres no stopping a SA Angler away from adelaide.SAMSONS, Kingys and a healthy tuna fishery. I reckon you must just be having a slump, or a crisis of faith Benm, we all feel that way sometimes, but SA is pretty much okay I reckon.The national magazines arent all that good IMO, too much advertising and eastern state/northern Australia stuff which is not relevant to me ;)Maybe get the lures out Ben hey, im.sure.a nice lure caught bream would get ya revved again :)[/quote'']I only fish with lures Jack hence the reason i think the fishins crap haha, and a bream fishery comparible to any in Aus Tony?????? No mallacoota, Gippsland, Yarra, Swan etc etc etc here mate nothin like it actually apart from the Glenelg(which isnt really in SA anyways) which is a bit of a hike for a weekend angler mate. I dont eat fish either so why the hell would i want to chase whiting??? Have nailed shitloads of small jewies and decent bream in the last few months too and quite frankly they dont float my boat anymore. Should of really said in my earlier post that the SPORTFISHING in SA is crap compared to other places in oz. Maybe i should stop reading all these magazines and internet articles from around other parts of oz with theyre massive easturine systems and line burning species maybe thats what is killin my faith. Whatya reckon Jack? Oh yea probably should add something to the topic of discussion, both mags are sensational in my views and i dont think there is a thing wrong with either especially wildcoast, one of the best around nationally i reckon. My grumpy whinge is over haha, Cheers

I love my magazines and regularly go back to them to refer to articles on areas/species/techniques etc to re-read the relevant articles and get the info i require. For me I use them as a permanent resource like my fishing books :)An article is always worth reading if I can take away even one tip and use that knowledge next time i fish.

i would personally say that SA Angler in terms of teaching or introducing new aspects of fishing is better although if they combined some of wildcoast's ideas like the brag board to make readers feel like they can contribute something towards the mag, even if only a photo it would make it better. i have been for many years a subscriber of SA Angler.i definatly like both better than the national mags tho, as has already been said, the nationals have too many ad's and the techniques aren't really relevent to fishing in good old SA alot of the time.