Snelled Hook Storage idea ....

I use snelled hooks a lot and as I do my own I found storage of the finished product a pain in the butt (still do to some extent).My method is once I have a dozen or so snelled I use an old clear plastic DVD cover. They lay nice and flat, store easy in the boat, you can put the packet the hooks came in in front of the clear plastic out cover and the hard case for identification, and are cheap to buy.Anyone got any other suggestions that are better than this I would be glad to hear of it.......

Would that work better with just putting the dangling line down the hole in the centre of the tube or do they all tangle when you go to pull them out ?
End product is one of these that I use[attachment=11163]Photo0.jpg[/attachment]
Would that work better with just putting the dangling line down the hole in the centre of the tube or do they all tangle when you go to pull them out ?Would get less hooks on and some would fall out, with the Mrs pins on one end keeps them tight and in order.All my bigger rigs go into zip lock bags too,

MoggyI just went out and chopped up one of the kids noodles. I dropped the hook through the centre hole and hooked on the other end with the line dangling out the opposite end. It holds around 10 hooks, easy to get out again, as well as get in the first place. Good thing is it will float and store easy, bad thing is how am I going to explain to the kids the 'Missing Noodle' .... :laugh::laugh: Thanks for the idea, I like it better than my DVD case. Cheers mate :clap:

quote="CARL" post=219914]I went to the bank and got myself a stack of money-bags put in 3Xrigs put in bottem of tackle box no worriesA cheap way for sure and works well, plus they come in different sizes too :clap:

I used to do the same myself' date=' but got sick of the bags blowing away.[/quote']Most of those bags have a pre-made hole in the top. I put them either on a clip or inside a sleeve inside one of the soft sided SP holders ;)
The noodle method looks to be a winner so far
Not if the tide rises and your rigs just float away :S :whistle: :lol:
MoggyI just went out and chopped up one of the kids noodles. I dropped the hook through the centre hole and hooked on the other end with the line dangling out the opposite end. It holds around 10 hooks' date=' easy to get out again, as well as get in the first place. Good thing is it will float and store easy, bad thing is how am I going to explain to the kids the 'Missing Noodle' .... :laugh::laugh: Thanks for the idea, I like it better than my DVD case. Cheers mate :clap:[/quote']No worries mate. I've been using it for years, and it looks like mog has too

Evening all, I keep my snelled kgw (smaller ) hooks on a plastic snelled hook holder. Spring loaded hooks at one end to take the loop of your snelled hook & a triangular hole at the other end to take the hook, has a number of rows to allow for a bit of differing length. I write on them in texta, what size hook, what breaking strain line, whether Heavy Duty (for Foul Bay size kgw) or S/S (stainless steel) etc. (Pic`s 1,2,3) Then the snelled hook holders (that can hold 10 hooks on either side go into a plastic water tight tackle box that can hold about 8 snelled hook holders comfortably. (Pic 4) My traces go into snap-lock bags, also marked with texta as to what breaking strain of line, whether one hook or two etc & then into a zip up pouch with heavy duty zip-lock sheaths also marked with texta with relevant info. My bigger hooks go into bigger snap-lock bags,also labelled with hook size,breaking strain,whether S/S or H/D etc & then all end up in the zip up pouch with plastic sleeves(Pic`s 5 & 6) that holds all bottom traces & bigger hooks. When you use something you have the labelled bag that it came out of to remind you what you have to replace when you get home & some spare time. Hook holders are usually less than $5 at Big-W or K-Mart, slightly more at tackle stores, the plastic tackle box to hold the snelled hook holders around $15 & the zip up pouch around $ 10 to $15. Cheers all.Photo0137.jpgPhoto0135.jpgPhoto0136.jpgPhoto0126.jpgPhoto0130.jpgPhoto0131.jpg

• 1 month later...

Evening all' date=' I keep my snelled kgw (smaller ) hooks on a plastic snelled hook holder. Spring loaded hooks at one end to take the loop of your snelled hook & a triangular hole at the other end to take the hook, has a number of rows to allow for a bit of differing length. I write on them in texta, what size hook, what breaking strain line, whether Heavy Duty (for Foul Bay size kgw) or S/S (stainless steel) etc. (Pic`s 1,2,3) Then the snelled hook holders (that can hold 10 hooks on either side go into a plastic water tight tackle box that can hold about 8 snelled hook holders comfortably. (Pic 4) My traces go into snap-lock bags, also marked with texta as to what breaking strain of line, whether one hook or two etc & then into a zip up pouch with heavy duty zip-lock sheaths also marked with texta with relevant info. My bigger hooks go into bigger snap-lock bags,also labelled with hook size,breaking strain,whether S/S or H/D etc & then all end up in the zip up pouch with plastic sleeves(Pic`s 5 & 6) that holds all bottom traces & bigger hooks. When you use something you have the labelled bag that it came out of to remind you what you have to replace when you get home & some spare time. Hook holders are usually less than $5 at Big-W or K-Mart, slightly more at tackle stores, the plastic tackle box to hold the snelled hook holders around $15 & the zip up pouch around $ 10 to $15. Cheers all.[attachment=11199']Photo0137.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11200]Photo0135.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11201]Photo0136.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11202]Photo0126.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11203]Photo0130.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11204]Photo0131.jpg[/attachment]

Well done ther JaffaNothing beats being organised :fishing: