No need for a boat when land based fishing is like this!

Headed to the yacht squadron yesterday with James and his mate. At the start, we didn't see a single fish besides some bream at the bottom. We sighted a few bluies and I snagged them on my lure. :P Later on, the garfish started to move in and we kept the burley going. This finally attracted some bigger ones, we used unweighted gents and got one cast after cast!!! :D They were on fire, it was so hectic I couldn't film most of it...

Crab.jpg

After about 2 hrs, they started to slow down and we ran out of gents. We used bread and got a few, James let his bread sink to the bottom and got some BIG bites! Finally something took his bait and ZZZZzzzzzzzz! He was onto something bigger! He pulled it up and it was a decent bream at 34cm! B) We started fishing for salmon trout afterwards with pilly cubes and caught many undersized ones... We caught a legal one amongst 3 undersized ones. The fights were great fun still :)
Breambo.jpg
We moved on to target bream and burleied up lots with bread, we chucked our bread baits in and straight away we got some big bream bites. All of a sudden James' rod bends heaps and he strikes! It pilled out heaps of drag and then snapped... :( Seconds later, my rod did the same and it was the best bream fight of my life! Every second of the fight it was pulling out drag! James saw it when it went under some structure and you should've seen his face! IT WAS A MONSTER! It snagged me under some structure at the bottom and snapped me off.... James' said it was deffinately over 40cm and the fight was mad for me! :angry::( I was silent for most of the time after I lost that bream.

On the good side we caught a nice bag with 80 gar, 7 st, 1 decent bream and 2 bluies. All land based out of the 3 of us! ;)

80 gar, 13 salmon trout, 1 big bream and 2 blue crabs .jpg

Geez, nice work.

Was pretty sure you couldnt fish the Yacht Squadron tho 'cause the missus' uncle has his yacht in there and needs an access pass to even get in the joint?

Unless you're going 'round the side where the channel exits the marina and that poxy excuse for a boat ramp is?

Lol yep, we were at the boat ramp near the entrance to the yacht squadron that's accessable for all public users. So it was legal to fish there.

I'd be surprised if you don't get asked to contribute to SA Angler in the near future....that's top notch fishing and reporting.  Best thing is you don't make it a secret where you catch them; if it's land based I don't see the harm in letting people know. There's plenty of fish for everyone  :)

haha thanks, I would love to contribute to SA Angler! :D Lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable, I've been to garden island and the squadron there, same as you twice in the last two weeks, same baits, for less than dozen undersize gar and 1 15/20cm bream.

You have undoubtedly the best luck of any fisherman I know.

Damn bad luck Kayak Noob... :unsure: This was a while ago though, better luck next time :P