Jump to content
Mickyj

Be careful tackle rats

Recommended Posts

I hope this ok to post admin . My family gave my a $50 BCF card for Xmas . Off I headed in Boxing Day signs saying 20 percent off on all hard body lures . Picked up a laser double clutch and some leader . Off I go to pay they ring it through give me the price . Me is that with the 20 percent off the lure umm no they fixed it . Thinking I should’ve bought two lures doesn’t matter . That night I get an email from BCF $10 off any purchase must be used before Monday . Off I go grabbed another laser double clutch go to pay again using the BCF card . Young lady gives me the price is that with the $10 off yes and the 20 percent off umm no . Yes they finally took it off .

This post is just a warning if tackle shops advertise 20 percent off make sure they actually give you that discount . 

Hope it was ok to post .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anaconda got me one trip not by not giving me the discount . I got a $20 voucher from them the double clutches were $24 thought I’ll pay $4 . Get to the check out oh they are on special $19.90 you have to spend more money to get the $20 off . Yes I bought some lure clips and talking to customers they were stumped trying to work out what else to buy . This week I got 2 Anaconda vouchers but you must spend $60 and $80 to get discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost always buy online but only buy from anaconda or bcf when they have specials as i find they are almost alway more exspencive than my locally own and operated fishing store

I don't like to support any chain stores as they don't offer good advice and seem to be answering questions without reel (pun) knowledge, i was at bcf looking at jigheads with the idea of attaching a 4" sp to a 5/0 or 4/0 3/4oz for casting at bustups while chasing tuna, one of the sales guys comes over and asks "can i help" i said no thanks im just checking out jigheads after some time he asked what i was looking for? So i explained what i was thinking about and he said for a 4" sp i needed a 1/0 to 4/0 form 1/20 to 1/8oz 🤔 i asked do you thing that this is suitable for catching and landing a 30kg tuna offshore? He looked at me puzzled and said for tuna you need bigger! You need 7 to 9" sp's for tuna! With that i said but what if they are only eating bait fish that are 4"? You have to match the hatch if you want to catch? Lol it was then that he could see he did not have the required experience to help me in what i was there for but hung around and learnt new from a novice😉 

I even get similar responces from the guys in the local tackle store but they in most cases start to understand within minutes of what im getting at and then offer ideas on how to do whats required😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peatop said:

I almost always buy online but only buy from anaconda or bcf when they have specials as i find they are almost alway more exspencive than my locally own and operated fishing store

I don't like to support any chain stores as they don't offer good advice and seem to be answering questions without reel (pun) knowledge, i was at bcf looking at jigheads with the idea of attaching a 4" sp to a 5/0 or 4/0 3/4oz for casting at bustups while chasing tuna, one of the sales guys comes over and asks "can i help" i said no thanks im just checking out jigheads after some time he asked what i was looking for? So i explained what i was thinking about and he said for a 4" sp i needed a 1/0 to 4/0 form 1/20 to 1/8oz 🤔 i asked do you thing that this is suitable for catching and landing a 30kg tuna offshore? He looked at me puzzled and said for tuna you need bigger! You need 7 to 9" sp's for tuna! With that i said but what if they are only eating bait fish that are 4"? You have to match the hatch if you want to catch? Lol it was then that he could see he did not have the required experience to help me in what i was there for but hung around and learnt new from a novice😉 

I even get similar responces from the guys in the local tackle store but they in most cases start to understand within minutes of what im getting at and then offer ideas on how to do whats required😉

 

I only buy from BCF or Anaconda when I get a deal or my family give me a gift card 

I prefer tackleworld for DC they are cheaper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While BCF and Anaconda have got the range they still aren't cheap when the sales are on.

I wanted a Shimano Sedona this week and seen them for $99 normally $124.99.

Ordered direct from overseas and is delivered to my door for $70.Not a huge saving but the gear i go through every year every bit helps to save me something,as for warranty that's virtually non existent these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SurfcaztR said:

While BCF and Anaconda have got the range they still aren't cheap when the sales are on.

I wanted a Shimano Sedona this week and seen them for $99 normally $124.99.

Ordered direct from overseas and is delivered to my door for $70.Not a huge saving but the gear i go through every year every bit helps to save me something,as for warranty that's virtually non existent these days.

Honestly I only go there when I get like $10 off or my family gives me a gift card 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2020 at 12:35 PM, peatop said:

You gotta support your local bloke cause in the end he will support you👍

Agreed.

Just getting back into the hobby, after years of absence. Hit BCF, thinking they'd be able to give help/advice on gear etc., needed. Probably OK if you know what you need but not great with the knowledge Dept. Later, found an Indy tackle shop. Well stocked, helpful and very knowledgeable. Guess who's getting my business ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rybak said:

 SFS are really knowledgeable especially when Yatsey is there.

Agreed - but David Yates retired in December following his stroke. I do miss having some good chats with him as well - but he seems to be recovering really well :)

I definitely support that tackleshops that support my business as well and I also appreciate the support that I get from the general public. 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, David_C said:

Agreed - but David Yates retired in December following his stroke. I do miss having some good chats with him as well - but he seems to be recovering really well :)

I definitely support that tackleshops that support my business as well and I also appreciate the support that I get from the general public. 

David

Didn't know he retired. You can still chat with him on the other web site. You have quality products David at sensible prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s funny everyone says support your local tackle shop . Where I live basically around the corner is BCF and across the road and up the street is Anaconda 😂.

i do wish there was a local one close to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am struggling to keep supporting my local tackle shop at Spot On in Salisbury coz Steve has always supplied what I need. And he is now a good mate.

My other local was St Kilda Tackle And Tucker and I cannot speak more highly of Cookie and Robyn and the crew.

BCF and Anaconda are only good when you are a member and get 50 per cent off things like swags. Problem is after you buy something they have a 3 day sale every 3 days and bombard you with emails. And most of the time they have no friggen idea what you need.

Support your local while you still can. I am worried they won't be around for much longer. And they will always try to give you a good price.

And Ray and Anne's have never let me down if I am in the area and need something.





Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×