DONT YOU HATE IT WHEN.......

HaHa...Yep took me 9-10 casts to get this R2S tuned and swimming straight and when i was happy ping :( i cast it off into the distance,this old bag was paddling towards it in a Yak and i asked her if she could pick it up for me.....she said NO :angry: what i would of done for a few snapper leads cheers brenton

southslide wrote:

samboman wrote:

it was about 15yrs ago :) was a 1969 Valiant pacer with a "HOT" 265 hemi..... was a very long burnout and a very very long trip home after filling the diff with bananna peels lolSambo

NICE! bet you wish ya still owned it now :P would be worth a mint!scott
I do!! i loved that car.... heaps of chrome and looked sweet....Sambo

I had a boat in Brandon Bay in Eire and I had perfected a little operation of entering the harbour at speed, swinging the boat around, going into reverse and stopping dead against the quay. It really did look very impressive. One day there was a lady waiting for my arrival back in harbour and it was on obvious opportunity to impress when I saw her on the quay. I entered the harbour at my normal speed, curled round to line up with the quay, went into reverse and the bloody motor died. Consequently I crashed into the side of the quay and was very fortunate not to wreck or damage my boat!

Yeah a few years ago my mate was trying to impress us with his long casting technique off of the jetty. He took this almighty long cast with his rod, hooked his trusty blue heeler called Salty square in the jaw with a lure, bloody hell poor dog. We bundled Salty in the yute off to the vet, my mate felt a right pratt trying to explain to the vet what happened. My mate has never lived it down. His faithful dog Salty is still going strong, but now when he sees his master casting he makes sure he is 100m away and so do we!!!

Hey Kat you are right, I kinda rode rough shod over Chevin's thoughts on a friend lost, that's why we need you girls to keep us in line. Chevin sorry mate, it's a shitty feeling losing a friend, especially when some pratt, runs over your feelings..

statesquider wrote:

You arrive at your fishing destination only to realise you've left the bloody rods at home....

ive left the bait at home.. drove the 40kms out there, set the rod up, tied the line and sinkers on, then swore, packed up and drove home again :blush::blush::blush: one of the best ones was my old boss...him and his bro in law, had an 18ft boat, which got used often, but one night they took the 12 ft tinny to pt lowly for a garfish dabbing night.its around 50kms to get there, and they towed the boat, put it in the water, but had left the engine at home sitting in a 44 gallon drum they use to rinse it. :laugh::laugh:

launch a 21ft fiberglass boat and forget to put the bungs in.- once the bungs situation is sorted,pull an all nighter in the coorong only to have the sand bars shift during the night and get left high and dry, push the 10 tonne boat across the sandbar roughly 200m until too buggered to push anymore, try to sleep on deck because there are already 3 big fellas in the cabin snoring their heads off, get rained on on a freezing cold night, old man jams my hand in a part of the boat where hands dont belong and does not offer any assistance even though he is a doctor, morning breaks and get assistance from shack owner (only good thing that happened that trip :) )have to leave boat moored until high tide but have to get back to adelaide for work- leave boat in shack owners capable hands, get lift back to boat ramp with shack owner only to discover the 4x4 has been broken into over night and half the engine is missing, ring mum to get her to drive from fulham gardens to goolwa to pick us up, hear about it from mum all the way home, hear about this trip every time the subject of the boat my dad USED TO HAVE comes up :laugh::laugh::laugh: .... picked up the boat the following weekend.

You walk into the toilet only to find your girfriens mum sitting there with a slightly surprised look on her face :blush: :S rocknev wrote:

dutchxfisher wrote:

mate when doing a number 2, you needa lay a decent plop protector.

or just go on the rocks, like ive got a habit of doing :unsure:
And you wonder where all the big reds have gone Nev :laugh::laugh::laugh:
disturbed1 wrote:

launch a 21ft fiberglass boat and forget to put the bungs in.- once the bungs situation is sorted,pull an all nighter in the coorong only to have the sand bars shift during the night and get left high and dry, push the 10 tonne boat across the sandbar roughly 200m until too buggered to push anymore, try to sleep on deck because there are already 3 big fellas in the cabin snoring their heads off, get rained on on a freezing cold night, old man jams my hand in a part of the boat where hands dont belong and does not offer any assistance even though he is a doctor, morning breaks and get assistance from shack owner (only good thing that happened that trip :) )have to leave boat moored until high tide but have to get back to adelaide for work- leave boat in shack owners capable hands, get lift back to boat ramp with shack owner only to discover the 4x4 has been broken into over night and half the engine is missing, ring mum to get her to drive from fulham gardens to goolwa to pick us up, hear about it from mum all the way home, hear about this trip every time the subject of the boat my dad USED TO HAVE comes up :laugh::laugh::laugh: .... picked up the boat the following weekend.

sorry to hear of your dramas but I did piss myself at your post.

thefunkychicken wrotesorry to hear of your dramas but I did piss myself at your post.all good mate, it happened about 20 years ago- i was only around 12yo at the time (so i am exempt from blame :cheer: )- also funny how my mum never set foot on that boat in the 10 years we had it, for two reasons- first of all, my old man never told her was buying it in the first place, he just rocked up at home one day and said "have a look what i bought today, its outside"- and the second reason was because of this trip which was only the second or third time we took it out. :)

afishyfish wrote:

thefunkychicken wrote:

sorry to hear of your dramas but I did piss myself at your post.

Dontcha just hate it when you piss your pants laughing reading someone elses post :huh::blink::laugh:
Even worst if its because you saw Justin Beiber on TV :blink: Of course... I am Kidding.... :unsure: