DONT YOU HATE IT WHEN.......

marko wrote:

Hey Kat you are right, I kinda rode rough shod over Chevin's thoughts on a friend lost, that's why we need you girls to keep us in line. Chevin sorry mate, it's a shitty feeling losing a friend, especially when some pratt, runs over your feelings..

Hey, you have nothing to apoligise for, I never felt that you were riding over my feelings. However, I do apprecuate your sentiments. Thank you.
chevin wrote:

disturbed1 wrote:

launch a 21ft fiberglass boat and forget to put the bungs in.-

If you haven't launched a boat without the bungs in, you have never owned a boat. :laugh:
yep, did just that with my first boat,an old haines at st. kilda about 5 am middle of winter. parked the trailer and got back to the boat and realised with half the boat full of water that the bungs weren't in!! By the time I got the car and hitched the boat back up it was nearly full and the hiace nearly did a piston getting the thing out !Anyway it turned out to be a ripper day. we bagged out on whiting and got heaps of gar,tommies and squid and on the way in got stuck into some salmon trout by the rocks.Had a great day in the end AND learned a valuable lesson. Never left the bungs out since!!
chevin wrote:

disturbed1 wrote:

launch a 21ft fiberglass boat and forget to put the bungs in.-

If you haven't launched a boat without the bungs in, you have never owned a boat. :laugh:
Even worse - leave the ear muffs on the outboard after you launch the boat. temp gauge goes up real quick and then figure out why when the boat is back on the trailer after your dad asks 'what are these things hanging off the outboard!!!"I did not relaunch!

brother who put his boat in for a serivce a few weeks ago, has been out in a few times since, and its running like a dog... he went out last week in it, came back, and it wouldnt idle... after a washdown and flush, he took it straight back to the mechanic, who said take it back to ramp and put it in the water and he would be there in 20 mins. so clive did... launched, tied up, and put the car and trailer in a parking spot, wondered down slowly saying gday to a few blokes on the way, and gets to the boat...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its sitting pretty low... OMG... no bungs, just as the mech turned up, who jumped in the boat, and managed to lean over and put the bungs in.and noticed the flag was still on the prop as well... hahaha after a mixture tune on the motor, its again running sweet. the boat needed a wash oout anyway

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep I will just head down to the ATM then... :P I love squids is that what we are targeting ?what time do I have to be in Adelaide :clap::clap::clap:

yeah goin for tha squids mate :S head down around 6pm we have to clear the slipway and wait for the antifoul to go off then we should be good to go thats a fair dinkum pic too :huh: my mate sent it too me the other week cant remember what boat it went into would love to post up some of the tubs he works on but for privacy sakes i wont :( but put it this way alot of them would be worth more than the average house price in adelaide :ohmy: