Keeping warm in Winter.

After the weather of the last week, i am sure everyone has felt it!!Anyway does anyone have a favourite peice of clothing they wont go without when fishing in winter?A certain jacket/pants/gloves etc etc.List there brand as it may help guide people to a good buy if there looking at buying something themselves soon.P.S. i am looking to get a decent set of winter fishing gloves soon, any recommendations? ;)

oh, and sometimes 2 pair of socks for when its really cold.i work shift work, and did night shifts on the weekend, and it went to zero every night.the cold floor, went right through my steel cap boots soles, and made my feet cold.went and got some lambswool insoles, and that fixed that problem

Spend most of my days in a freezer at work that runs at -22deg... So the cold isn't new to me. But really don't want to suffer it when i am fishing and meant to be enjoying myself... :lol: Brenton we have a couple of these thick as hell Ruski jackets at work... Body is toasty warm in them.. it is just everything else that suffers. Brought a neck warmer last week, that helps alot as well as a beanie.Just gotta warm the fingers up some how.

I've got a Carhart heavy duty zip hoodie that has been my main fishing garment for a few years when I know I'll stay relatively dry. When fishing the surf in nasty weather I use a Grundens top that is awesome, the Sund 763 pulloverhttp://www.grundens.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=27I use some black synthetic knit gloves that have the rubberised fingers and palms that are nice and warm even when wet, I've got two pairs, one with the left thumb cut off for casting overheads and the other with the right index cut down for casting threadlines. I found them when I was working construction during the winter over in the US.

Two pairs of pants, singlet,t shirt, vest then a hooded jumper.And i actually wear socks and real shoes!! usually live in my crocks.Been running the bandana while cruising to keep my face warm and sunnies so my eyes do not water.Carry the portable gas stove for hot coffees and toasted sandwiches.

carps wrote:

do you have a link to the columbia jackets --they seem popular but ive never seen em :unsure:

i got mine from Rays Outdoors on west terrace (they get them in occasionally) but Columbia also have a store in Rundle Street in the city- just type Columbia into google, its an american company, so may not have everything on the website here in oz. They also do a fantastic fly fishing vest which i just had to get. :)

A pair of Thinsulate lined jeans (unless it is really cold they sre too warm). Flannelette shirt, jacket or a jumper, then a Columbia/Kathmandu/Mountain Designs type jacket. Beanie for the head covered in very short head. I dont really do gloves, more of a hands-in-pockets type of bloke.And the most crucial ingredient........ Stones Ginger Wine.

G'Day Guys & Gals, It Might sound a bit old Fashion But Longjohn's are the go. :unsure: :ohmy: While all my m8s are freezing there buts off :angry: I an toasty warm :P:P:P Now there started one by one to convert over to longjohns :laugh: You can also get thinsulate Beenies and gloves. If it Raining I will put on those large yellow or Blue washing up gloves over the top of my Thinsulate Gloves. (Theres Pink ones aswell if you want) :lol: Thinsulate Beenie has a liner inside then and stop the brain freezing and if needed I will put a balaklaver over that. (Sorry about spelling) :cheer:Watersnake

Ive got an old lumber jacket that ive had since the 70's (glad i bought it many sizes too big lol ) that i wouldnt part with for all the tea in China-perfect for cold jetty nights. For beach fishing i invested in a spray jacket-best thing ive done of late as it certainly proved itself at Butlers last weekend. plus being light i dont collapse when getting back to the car lol