No offfence intended here but ever wonder why it's all the same brand ??? It's cheap crap !!Save your bucks up for what year really want, head down to your local tackle store, get some good advice and buy it once ! Look after it, clean it, even whisper sweet nothing to it while polishing it at night after a good days fishing and it will look after you for years and years !Once bitten, twice shy...

I agree jagger........unfortunately,some things just have to be learned the hard way.......I'm sure we'll see some postings shortly about "the one that got away".........lacking tecnique,or inadequate gear?....I know where my money lays.........hopefully then,lesson learned.

are you guys speaking from personal experince' date=' if so iwont get bitten once.[/quote']My mate bought a pelagic reel 2 months ago...........a month ago he made a start on his artificial reef,first piece was only small though.............get the picture yet?

Must have been a short lived affair mate...never even saw it in your hands !Ivabiggen...not that particular brand but other cheap crap. Since doing homework on my gear and seeking advise before purchasing, i have never had any major issues resulting in lost fish or gear failure at crucial moments. Won't risk it to save a few bucks.Stick with well known brands that carry a decent warranty, back that up with great in-store support and you simply can't go wrong.

are you guys speaking from personal experince' date=' if so iwont get bitten once.[/quote']My mate bought a pelagic reel 2 months ago...........a month ago he made a start on his artificial reef' date='first piece was only small though.............get the picture yet?[/quote']:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: sure nuff do.

I got the old man a cheap rod off the Internet a couple of years ago, for chucking salmon trout lures. I really can't remember what brand sorry, but he hooked up on a bigger fish and the reel seat gave way sending the reel smashing into the guides :blush: He had a good laugh about it, but I know deep down he wouldve been spewin.... Cos who knows what that fish was????? Big salmon? Jewie? Snapper?? I guess we will never know :dry: My mrs won the online bid with $5.

I got the old man a cheap rod off the Internet a couple of years ago' date=' for chucking salmon trout lures. I really can't remember what brand sorry, but he hooked up on a bigger fish and the reel seat gave way sending the reel smashing into the guides :blush: He had a good laugh about it, but I know deep down he wouldve been spewin.... Cos who knows what that fish was????? Big salmon? Jewie? Snapper?? I guess we will never know :dry: My mrs won the online bid with $5.[/quote']My old man had an annaconda special (maybe $25??) waiting for me when I got back from the middle east to target bream. Think it was a mojika....2 piece 1-3 rated, cork handle...looked the goods....First snag, gave it a light bounce to hopefully get the jig back and SNAP !!! It's now resting in my veggie garden as a tomatoe stake

I actually have a 6'6 15kg Pelagic rod and have hauled some big things in with it, maybe i have been lucky so far... :lol:Also, a couple of years ago When Del and I got back into fishing Del brought some of that PELAGIC EXTREME SPECTRA braid 1200m of 8lb for stuff all, we spooled up many reels, and to this day it is still the best braid i have used, never got wind knots, awesome knot strength, when i find some again, i will be stripping the suffix off my SOL and re-spooling it again with that, just hope the quality is still as good. :dry: *puts flame suit on* :pinch:

Weighing in at just 90 grams Australia's NO.1 Fishing Tackle Experts are proud to release the best of the best soft plastic fishing rods to hit the market this year. After taking out the 2009 Vic ABT BREAM Classic Glenelg Stage, 2010 was a record breaking year winning the Vic Bream Classic Championships. The fishing rod has undergone some major upgrades, Featuring SRX precision butt over tip ferrule technology and ultra-responsive, ultra-sensitive tip sections,The fishing rod is made from High Grade 100% Carbon Fibre material and now also includes a silver Hypatex Wrap for added strength. It is the best rod in the soft plastics range. Soft Plastics fishing has taken over most forms of conventional bait fishing, and those fish won't have a chance while using this fishing rod and our custom soft plastics x-series fishing reels. The rod is also now featured in the 2010/2011 Bassin Tournaments by Steven Richards at the top of the leader board.B) well i paid $2.30 for the rod on their auction, guess i got ripped off :P , this is their claim to fame using their gear. just have to wait and see for myself how it holds up hey!!!!:clap:

My mate took a sambo elite rod to greenly and smashed many a samson and king with it.the rod is still goin fine. I and many friends use eBay braid without issues, and finally, I have a small mojiko spinning reel that has been belted as the "guest" rod for 2 years and still goin good. I have also used some cheap popers that look terrible, catch plenty of st's :)

Ive bought a few things form these cheap ebay stores before and so far i havent had any problems.As I am slowly learning new things and money isnt exactly filling my bank account I find these cheap ebay stores great while I mess around with different kind of gear. Once i get an understanding I go an buy the more exspensive stuff.For example, Never fished with hard bodies before, Bought a pack of 20 sambo elite minnows for $16, had a play, enjopyed it now Im awlays stoipping and having a good look in tackle stores.Unfortunately the money front hasnt changed so Its still the cheaper stuff i buy, But higher quality cheaper stuff :P :P :P I still have yet to upgrade from the kmart rod n reel combos :D But they work for me :)

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\IMG_1914.JPG[/attachment]I bought a rod from an ebay store in Qld. and took on a barra trip the week before this easter gone, i got onto a 54cm barra on the first day, not big by any means and the handle broke away from the rod which made retrievale pretty bloodt hard, my mate got the same rod and same thing after 3 gold snapper about 35-40cm. RIPPED OFF!! never ever again will i buy cheap S#*% lucky we took backup

i must be another that has some good luck on the cheaper stuff aswell from this site i have a pelagic small overhead reel and have been smashed by some dig stingrays and snapper and it hasnt missed a beat mind u i put it on a decent shimano rod. also have a melaluka baitrunner 7000 same deal that has copped a hammering from sharks and snapper time and time again and has stood up to the punishment well. i also have some expensive stuff aswell but sometimes the cheaper stuff is just as much fun and can do the job whilst ya save up for the more expensive stuff. in these times of hardship and less cash to splash sometimes you just have to go with what ya can afford 2

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't have spoken so soon, got some more ebay braid, was surprised when it arrived it was in PowerPro packaging. Spooled it and it seems to have a bit of memory :(I have a smaller reel with genuine 10lb PowerPro, has no memory Ive bought plenty of cheap ebay braid, this stuff is the heaviest I've bought, 40lb.Oh well, take the risk , pay the price. See how it fishes.....