Winter is almost upon us :ohmy: The days are shortening, the water is cooling and the fish seem to be beginning that winter shift change.So who's got the hot tip this Winter... Species, technique and location :P????What's everyone up to ?????

Winter is almost upon us :ohmy: The days are shortening' date=' the water is cooling and the fish seem to be beginning that winter shift change.So who's got the hot tip this Winter... Species, technique and location :P????What's everyone up to ?????[/quote']Species...Butter fish, Technique...Hand over the cash, Location... Local fish shop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :woohoo:

After the snapper I just had for dinner, I'm going to have to work hard and sus out their movements during winter to re-stock the freezer. Geez they're good eating !Salmon on snapper SP's after dabbling a little in it last winter. Certainly works a treat and you can get them out there and work them a lot longer than a metal. Planning on a new salmon PB

I intend to head out most weekends and freeze my but off in the yak or up in the fresh...

I don't do much freshwater, but wet a line up in the hills over the summer this year. How do the redfin go during winter???? Just as mental as the warmer months, or do they chill out a bit ???? (excuse the pun ;) )
B) I will be no were near the Port Srick :ohmy: I will be on Safwaa dams chasing TROPHY TROUT and in the upper torrens snagging a local trout or two, chasing extremely local (loco) snapper on Soft Plastics, Live baits big dead baits and occasionally might get a salmon or two. Will be dabbling in fishing for big TROUT with corn, so will need a sponsorship from edgell..LOL :boot:See you out there Jaggs.I will let all my red sea bream go..C&R unless whoever else with me is pleading to keep em.
I intend to head out most weekends and freeze my but off in the yak or up in the fresh...
I don't do much freshwater' date=' but wet a line up in the hills over the summer this year. How do the redfin go during winter???? Just as mental as the warmer months' date=' or do they chill out a bit ???? (excuse the pun ;) )[/quote'']Yeah mate I do allright in the fresh year round, Mostly on SAFWAA waters, I hooked my P.B Redfin of 1.5KG's on a freezing winter day up on a Club Dam. ;)

the next away trip will be elliston in june for the salmon comp (cant wait for the stairway to hell) at locswell in between river -yabbies-- yabbies oh yea and yabbies haha got some work to do up the out laws shack so im thinking may as well make the most of it :unsure:

come to eyre peninsula mate the king george are averaging 40 cm and are thick on most inshore grounds only took 35 minutes for bag limit on sat and locks well has solid schools of big salmon every morning and evening my wife got one 10pounder last weekend great fun.

chasing down a few winter bream on the long wand or throwing some lures to em if its to windymight even get some freshwater long wand action if i get the time.:) maybe even get the bream boat out local & catch a few salmon on the saltwater flys.:clap:

the next away trip will be elliston in june for the salmon comp (cant wait for the stairway to hell) at locswell in between river -yabbies-- yabbies oh yea and yabbies haha got some work to do up the out laws shack so im thinking may as well make the most of it :unsure:

When in june you going fella?? im tryin to organise a time when i might know a couple of people when i act do go down thee :)

Definantly will be sitting out those cold nights with some good old green ginger wine :d/ to warm up the insides whilst sitting and waiting :fishing: on that zip of a big jewie running off with my bait!! im prob gna try the port, west lakes, and the onk.i have never landed one so that aint a hot tip!! :P also some good times ahead chasin those battlers we call ST's off the beaches and through out the port. love catchin ST's :clap: prob a spot of mully fishing too, head down yorkes for that!really just getting out there and giving anything a go! B)