Triple M Fishing Comp

What a joke this has turned out to be.Rolled up this morning at 6am to find that they have now halved the fishing area with no explanation.Tried to find out why but none of the officials were forthcoming.For the life of me ,i cant understand that with all the complaints about trying to fit that many anglers into such a small area,that at the last moment you would halve the fishing area.I cant believe that with all the dramas over this comp that they would create more.On top of this there were people holding large areas of foreshore for mates and once again complaints fell on deaf ears.The now smaller designated area was packed out and it was only 6 30 am.Cant understand why the whole lake wasnt used in the first place.Man,i should have gone fishing elsewhere.Just goes to show that you should fish for fun,not money.Sure would have liked a crack at the tinny though.

AGREED HSV its not really good enough halving the designated fishing area, Can see that there is potential for LOTS of crossed lines :silly: On the upside, its a Sunday, Perfect opportunity to hang out with family and friends and its just another chance to wet a line (with someone winning some "Moolah")Just hope that people respect the area and clean up after themselves.

i GOT THERE AT 7:30 desided I don't need the agro fishing in a sardine tin situation MMM you idiots hope you read this . no way to organise a comp at all people all over the place one bloke i spoke to got there at 5 am to set up in the designated area, then MMM halved the area with a lot of angry people finding out they are in eligable for any thing I would not like to be a MMM staffer

Ive just heard on the radio(8 40am)that they are now opening up the other half of the designated area.Great news now that i and many other people had to leave.Very disappointing to see how poorly Triple M have run this,such amateurs.This was such a good idea,but i didnt count on the stupidity of the organizers.

I went down there at 8am with the kids and have just left to go home, way too many people and I haven't seen anyone with a fish in their possession yet. Even heard a car accident, (screeching tyres followed by bang) not sure where it was though... Going to take the kids somewhere else... since they had their heart set on fishing :D

P1150565.JPG

P1150566.JPG

We got there at 9.30 and it was absolutely packed shoulder to shoulder. We ended up going to the other small pond to fish that. Rocked up and saw a few guys hooked upto some good carp, we felt good but didnt even up getting a bite after 4 hours.A old bloke and family then rocked up with there remote controlled boat, he ended up flipping the boat in the center, he had to swim out to get to it. The poor bloke dont know what happened but went under water started to drown, so it ended up being his daughters boyfriend jumped in to save him and my mate was a faster runner than me so he ran around the other side and helped lift the old bloke up out the water at that time the guy was unconscious, hopefully my mate and the guy that jumped in saved his life. When he was up on land he was falling in and out of conscious, so i hope him and his family are alright!So thats my days fishing!

We got there at 9.30 and it was absolutely packed shoulder to shoulder. We ended up going to the other small pond to fish that. Rocked up and saw a few guys hooked upto some good carp' date=' we felt good but didnt even up getting a bite after 4 hours.A old bloke and family then rocked up with there remote controlled boat, he ended up flipping the boat in the center, he had to swim out to get to it. The poor bloke dont know what happened but went under water started to drown, so it ended up being his daughters boyfriend jumped in to save him and my mate was a faster runner than me so he ran around the other side and helped lift the old bloke up out the water at that time the guy was unconscious, hopefully my mate and the guy that jumped in saved his life. When he was up on land he was falling in and out of conscious, so i hope him and his family are alright!So thats my days fishing![/quote']yeah i swa on the emergeny scanners online a ambulance was sent to a drowning at mawson lakes....Sambo