St Kilda drain!!

Took the midget to St Kilda playground yesty arvo. I noticed a couple cars parked on the side of the main road (after you turn of Pt Wakefield) and saw a couple guys standing over looking what looks like a concrete drain , but they were fishing in it!!! Is this a spot X of sorts or what? Is there always water in that drain or just post some rain and most importantly, has anybody fished it and caught fish out of there?

I"ve heard the tide pushes up it and big bream and even mullys can be caught,and when the fresh comes back carp move in, its not legal to fish it if you cross the fence [private land]And why anyone would wanna fish a drain which is an outfall of treated sewerage is beyond me . :sick:

Guest horses4courses
Locals call it "Shit Creek"
...yeah' date=' and you don't wanna get caught up there without a paddle :P[/quote']I think all of us have been there at one time or another :(:P

There's some interesting looking areas there if you get onto Google Earth/ Nearmaps B)

Locals call it "Shit Creek"
...yeah' date=' and you don't wanna get caught up there without a paddle :P[/quote']And if you did get caught up there you'd want to be wearing runners too :pinch: :whistle: I thought one of the guys there might have been you feeding the local Moggies Jack ! ;)

The drain comes from the Bolivar sewage treatment plant and ends up entering the sea at chapman creek i beleive. The water in it is treated sewage.At times good sized bream can be caught and i've seen people get there bag from there. At other times i've seen plenty of carp caught from it. other times a mixture! Highly reccomend not eating anything from it though.

We had an interesting and educational talk given by the EPA at the monthly MFA Meeting last night and one of the big picture issues that has driven Adelaides "Blue Line" of sea grasses further and further off shore is the nitrogen loads from poo treatment plants along the Metro Coast-line :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: