forbidden zone fishing

plenty of fish but is it acceptable?(pics were to massive to post in the forum so click links to view)http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/ershy/20121126_1805101.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/ershy/20121126_1836081.jpgthis arvo down at trimmer parade at least 5 maybe 6 guys fishing the 'no fish' area taking a few bucket fulls of kgw and some st. even 1 of the blokes had such a kind heart he put back and undersized kgw he foul hooked using a treble. didn't see anyone of them measure any fish they caught i did look into there bucket and some of there catch were very questionable.

signs are still there even spray painted on the pavement seems like no one gives a toss anymore.

No-one ever did.......there's a bloke who lives (well when I fished it regularly) in the townhouse there and he had the council snoozer on speed dial.There were a few recalcitrants who would get blind drunk and piss and dump rubbish in his pool.They will never stop people from fishing there or remove dickheads from society.......there here to stay.

Location/size/quantity, all irrelevant...they`ll just keep doing it until they`re busted, when and if.Whereupon plead ignorance (whether genuine or not), possibly let off with a caution, have a few recfishing guides handed out to them - which even odds will get piffed out the car window on the way home.Without a Singapore-style law enforcement approach (or at the very least a five/ten-fold increase in fisheries officer numbers) this sort of stuff will just keep on happening unfortunately.But there is every likelyhood that the big fisheries boat with attendant rubber ducky will be prowling the north coast of KI on the morning of 30th November to make sure that a couple of dozen boats (at most) in that part of the world don`t have a snapper on board before, lord forbid, the stroke of midday (YES, they raced into the Stokes Bay environs a couple of years ago on "the day" at 1130!)...never mind the nightly metro jetty slaughter courtesy of the WGAF, "no spik ingrish" and "not my bucket, mate" undersize/overbag brigade.Oh my, the priorities... :vomit:

I too also used to fish these sorts of West Lakes.I.e Tiranna Way Reserve etc And I understood that where I was fishing was indeed illegal but I used to make sure I cleaned up after myself, left no rubbish and made sure not to be loud. Hey, I even said hello and some great chats with the people that lived there even offering me tea and biscuits sometimes. Can't be said for certain home owners!But inevitably what I am saying there is less and less possible metro estuarine land based options being allowed for Anglers and especially Junior Anglers as myself to fish. If we can fish somewhere where we are reseasonaly protected from outside winds etc Try new techniques as in lightly weighted Bream soft plastics on the pontoons. Then that has to be a good thing.I don't fish these areas anymore but when I did I remember yielding some great results and just hope for those who do the right thing one day these places may be available for fishing.....NOTE: I Do not in anyway condone what these people did with the taking of illegal and undersized fish, I only empathise the situations of locations.Cheers TT

Hey' date=' I even said hello and some great chats with the people that lived there even offering me tea,biscuits [b']and lollipops[/b] sometimes

"There's that cute little boy fishing again, 'don't forget to stretch those milky thighs young man'"Posted Image
That's classic hahah!! :P A few actually looked like that. :huh: Gold JM

The last time I had a walk along West Lakes, the breams swam up to me at this one spot awaiting eagerly a feed. HAHA! They were around 20-25cm. No small ones. All mediums. I was so tempted to drop a line in with such tame breams around but I felt sorry for these fish which are obviously pets... HAHA! Always nice to see fish swimming in their natural environment.

Assuming your also down there fishing in that second photo your also fishing in a no fish zone. There's some old renagde that always comes down and abuses u if you fish there. You'll probably find him under the Charles Sturts managers desk on often occasions. I don't understand why you can't fish along that area. But I guess if u have a issue all you can do is call fisheries.

But I guess if u have a issue all you can do is call fisheries.

I don`t bother, and by the sound of many posts on this forum there is little point - I still have the FishWatch number programmed into my mobile but really starting to wonder if I should free up some space on my next stored numbers cleanout.And lately I suspect they would be prioritising their resources towards responding to reports of people using large reels on the beach during the day...closely followed by maybe checking catches of pink fish at metro ramps.Maybe.A few kids at the lakes? Meh... :whistle:

Can anyone tell us why this area is off limits for fishing

Never fished west lakes but im guessing because its so close to houses and some idiots have ruined it for everyone else by leaving their crap behind, and even kids possibly picking up hooks sinkers etc and eating them.. you'd be amazed at some of the shit I've seen on jetties over the years, used condoms is one that comes to mind lol

Assuming your also down there fishing in that second photo your also fishing in a no fish zone. There's some old renagde that always comes down and abuses u if you fish there. You'll probably find him under the Charles Sturts managers desk on often occasions. I don't understand why you can't fish along that area. But I guess if u have a issue all you can do is call fisheries.

not fishing at that spot mate. just walk down to check out the freshwater inlet. the things ive seen chilling in that lil area :ohmy: