Fishing Sunglasses

I love my spotters... have gone through one pair so far, as someones fat arse sat on mine and warped them. But believe me there not as durable as people think... The only problem i find with mine is that they fog up way to quickly in the summer time and i know a few other people have said the same thing..I have Uglyfish sunnies aswell and there good sunnies aswell never had a problem with them.

Pumpy,Bit late in the conversation but there really is no such thing as fishing sunglasses. It is all just niche marketing. Any pair of polarised sunnies will do with a dark tint and that have a bit of wraparound to stop glare coming in from the sides.The only thing that arguably makes sunnies better on the water is having the lens made of glass. It is usually more scratch resistant when you get salt spray on them. Having said that glass is heavier and much more expensive, plus doensn't bend and they can shatter when dropped. I used to only buy Mako sunnies when I was spending a lot of time on the water but they got expensive. I now only use Maui Jim polarised and get good life out of them on the boat so they are fairly scratch resistant and light weight, but are still exxy for the cheaper ones at 150 - 200 $$.I'd be looking online in the US for somebody that ships here.

Habervision glasses are brilliant. I've been using them for the last 5 years and swear by them.You can buy them from the U.S. or from the link below which is Steve Hoagland at Derek Mckenzies Flyfishing Outfitters.These are Glass lenses as well and for $110.00 including postage they are brilliant. So good I have 5 pairs in different lens colors for different conditions. Hope this helps and I have no association with the seller just a very happy customer.Cheers Dazzhttp://www.derekmckenzie.com.au/Columbia%20Polarized%20Sunglasses.html

I had a pair of spotters and in the first week they fell of my face and shattered, $280 down the drain. To get the lenses replaced was $200. I currently have a pair of Mako's but not really happy with them as they are almost impossible to get clean due to the coating on the inside. I am going to try a pair of Byfield Optics next they seem to look good and are meant to be built tough.

withya purnonguvex polarised safety glasses 28 bucks a pair and a tax deduction,as good as spotters imo just cant find any in a blue tint yetas for keeping em clean and scratchless i found good ol H2O works wonders especially in the boat and dont pooh me pants if i drop em fishing on rocks

withya purnonguvex polarised safety glasses 28 bucks a pair and a tax deduction' date='as good as spotters imo just cant find any in a blue tint yetas for keeping em clean and scratchless i found good ol H2O works wonders especially in the boat and dont pooh me pants if i drop em fishing on rocks[/quote']I'm hearing you about a cheap pair. I couldn't find my Maui's on Saturday so picked up a generic pair of polaroids at the chemist on the way to the ramp for $25. They did the job but were a bit *dull* in the colour department. I found my Maui's today and compared them side by side. The Maui's had much better contrast and seemed brighter whilst cutting out the glare just a well. They were both the same grey tint. I reckon they were about 10-20% better. Subjective I know. Were they worth up to $200 more? No, but once you get used to the 10-20% its hard to go back.
withya purnonguvex polarised safety glasses 28 bucks a pair and a tax deduction' date='as good as spotters imo just cant find any in a blue tint yetas for keeping em clean and scratchless i found good ol H2O works wonders especially in the boat and dont pooh me pants if i drop em fishing on rocks[/quote']I'm hearing you about a cheap pair. I couldn't find my Maui's on Saturday so picked up a generic pair of polaroids at the chemist on the way to the ramp for $25. They did the job but were a bit *dull* in the colour department. I found my Maui's today and compared them side by side. The Maui's had much better contrast and seemed brighter whilst cutting out the glare just a well. They were both the same grey tint. I reckon they were about 10-20% better. Subjective I know. Were they worth up to $200 more? No' date=' but once you get used to the 10-20% its hard to go back.[/quote']next time your near a boc store pick up a pair,uvex or umatta brand i think but they only have the one polarised to my knowledge brown tint.i see the same stuff as my mates
  • 2 weeks later...

Im currently using Ugly fish Acetates with Carl Zeiss custom polarised blue lenses. These are amazing on the water! But I had to have these made up as I wear prescription lenses. Getting Carl Zeiss to build custom lenses isnt cheap either and I was lucky to know people that could get it done for me.I have to say if you were going to buy an off the shelf pair, Smiths from the USA would be right up there.