My PB Snapper (footage thanks to my Dad!)

Bottom of Yorkes, 7 meters of water, and with my whiting reel substituting for my snapper reel that broke on the previous trip. other snapper baits out were HUGE squid heads, but you guessed it this 106cm 31pound fish took a tiny bit of tentacle with a bit of guts/eye attached (possibly can't remember but it was a small bait). Dad had to pull up burley, other rods etc before grabbing the camera so the most significant runs were over, but to be honest this fish didn't fight as well as 20 odd pounders (avatar pic)... even 10 pounders have taken me to the cleaners better! the difference with this one was that in 7 meters of water he/she was always scraping my trace on the reef below, making me nervous... and after the first 100m (approx) run that happened in 3 big bursts he/she had plenty of opportunity to do that!!! Thanks to my dad I got some footage in lumpy conditions (4 metre tinny) and yes, my friends have told me I say "that's a serious fish" alot... but you know what I never expected such a fish to pop up :woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...