Best Tucker for the trip.

You cant have a better start to a road trip for two peeps without KFC.If your doing an alnighter on the jetty you buy a mixed bucket with nugs, cripsy strips, chicken, chips etc. Eat a fair bit of it straight up..then wack it in the esky and once you get a bit peckish during the night you go for the second hoe.Oh man....the only prob is it normally runs out b4 the morning sun pops up so you end up having to eat a pie on the return journey home anyway and end up stopping at Wakies.oh summer days bring it on.!!!

You guys are making me mega hungry, also giving me the itch to get out there, so tempting to stuff work and high tail it outta here...What sadist invented work? Bugga we should all be on the track, rod in hand licking our lips in anticipation of that magic session when the fish come to the party! Ah I can see it now like a mirage on the horizon, bagged out after a fantastic summer's day, get back into camp, crack an ice cold coldie, doesn't touch the sides as it goes down the hatch, crank the barbie up, whack on some fresh calamari, boerewors, sosaties, with loads of sliced spuds....... magic. Wash it all down with a bit more of the good old amber.;)B);):P

You cant have a better start to a road trip for two peeps without KFC.If your doing an alnighter on the jetty you buy a mixed bucket with nugs' date=' cripsy strips, chicken, chips etc. Eat a fair bit of it straight up..then wack it in the esky and once you get a bit peckish during the night you go for the second hoe.Oh man....the only prob is it normally runs out b4 the morning sun pops up so you end up having to eat a pie on the return journey home anyway and end up stopping at Wakies.oh summer days bring it on.!!![/quote']Gotta agree with UHF cant have a better start without KFCAs the song goes "Just cant beat that taste, cant beat it cant beat it" :laugh::P

Always take my trusty baked beans on the jetty for a filling lunch-gotta luv em cold-i do lol. At night we used to tuck into an Editburgh Burger-man u all gotta try one of those from the takeaway-best thing since sliced bread. Nowadays we head into Minlanton to the local footy club for a full on steak with the trimmings-best tucker and cheapest price on the peninsula. Brekky usually consists of weet bix, 2 minute noodles, heaps of strong coffee

Heck lads one of my best mates is a chef, when we do the camping/fishing thing it isn't roughing it coz he does the best grub going round. Always makes me laugh coz our wives think we are doing it tough when in reality we are pigging out and having a blast. I have 2 Russian mates they bring the webber and everything is smoking reeeeel good, snapper, trout, and their special garlic smoked chook marinade... bring it on, onya lads, Marko.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

when me and softy head off for a weekends trip its usually a 92l esky full of beer.. 52l esky with assorted food stuffs.. usually a long distance trip is a couple chiko rolls with chicken salt or a truck stop burger as a journey starter.. after that its bbq bbq bbq bacon and eggs and more bbq

when me and softy head off for a weekends trip its usually a 92l esky full of beer.. 52l esky with assorted food stuffs.. usually a long distance trip is a couple chiko rolls with chicken salt or a truck stop burger as a journey starter.. after that its bbq bbq bbq bacon and eggs and more bbq

allright sounds good sign me up....:dry: :lol:

Firstly , Bar B Q shapes, a must on every fishing trip ! Meatwurst, cabana, bung fritz,fresh white bread, eggs, bacon, snags, onions, sauce, and lots of beer !I like those Le-snackthings too , beer nuts , chicken chips , did I say beer ? Cornish pasties from Pt Wakefieldbakery ( not sure if you can still get them ! ) Take away hamburgers with the lot, countermeals from country pubs, beer, scotch, tomato juice for brekky and beer !Have I missed anything ?Tim.....

hey timbo did you mention beer?FYI the port wakefield cornish pasties are still available and delicious.Me, I go +1 on the various take away opions and what ever I can pinch from the kids recess stash, energy drinks and heaps of water, also pack some brews and a bottle of glayva if i'm not going to be required to drive.

Once had a night session on a jetty freezing cold with a howling wind with virtually no fish to show for my efforts. You know the drill, too cold to think straight, still a while before daylight, ravenously hungry with no food left, the time when even those gents start looking delicious, when the cockles make you salivate especially if you marinade them in tuna oil, ohhh yeah now you're talking! HMMMM, that curried mince is making my mouth water,how come when the bait starts looking soooo good to me the fish are not tempted? Man i've got to give up those all night sessions, for the sake of my sanity. Onya lads, Marko.

Once had a night session on a jetty freezing cold with a howling wind with virtually no fish to show for my efforts. You know the drill' date=' too cold to think straight, still a while before daylight, ravenously hungry with no food left, the time when even those gents start looking delicious, when the cockles make you salivate especially if you marinade them in tuna oil, ohhh yeah now you're talking! HMMMM, that curried mince is making my mouth water,how come when the bait starts looking soooo good to me the fish are not tempted? Man i've got to give up those all night sessions, for the sake of my sanity. Onya lads, Marko.[/quote']lmao...funny stuff..but if your gonna eat the bait...I just cant travel and fish with ya man...You know the good fish come just on sun up.oh eggs sunny side up too.

Well lads you know us Poms, we will eat virtually anything, come on, I mean we eat stuff like black pudding, (a sausage made of congealed blood, lumps of pig fat, and a bit of flavouring, probably pigs pee), oh yeah we also drink our beer warm, nuts or what? Any wonder I left "Ol' Blighty"?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well lads you know us Poms' date=' we will eat virtually anything, come on, I mean we eat stuff like black pudding, (a sausage made of congealed blood, lumps of pig fat, and a bit of flavouring, probably pigs pee), oh yeah we also drink our beer warm, nuts or what? Any wonder I left "Ol' Blighty"?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:[/quote']Don't forget Tripe :laugh:
:P
Somthing I heard' date=' but hav'nt done yet is Don skinless franks, or footy franks in a thermosof boiling water, packet of hot dog rolls and some sauce or mustad. Hot dogs when ever youwant them on those cold nights sitting in the boat or on the jetty !Great idea I reakon !!!Tim...[/quote']Definately one to try out Timbo, reckon that sounds magic with a good smear of english mustard to scorch the sinus' back into life. Will have to give it a go, much better than cockles in tuna oil at 3am on the jetty, cheers mate, Marko.:laugh::P

seriously thinking of an almonta trip next monday for a few days.... if i go, it will be baked beans, sausages,and marinated bbq steak from the best butcher ive ever been to... the steak is too die for....will be hooking up a couple of single burners with the desposible gas canisters, onto some frames i made, which sit on the back of the spare tyre rack on the back of the 4be... gets it all off the ground away from the ants...cant have open fires as its a national parkswag, sleeping bag, and a portable dvd player... sounds like a plan to me.

When I am on the Heysen Trail I pack a telescopic rod in my rucksac, take along a mini gas burner, instant noodles, tin of Staggs chilli beef, tinned herrings in mustard sauce,or curry sauce, a couple of tomatoes, fruit, tea and coffee, muesli bars. Magic to lift moral in winter when its peeing down with rain and you still have a looong walk to go before hitting camp. Man alive I love this country. :P :P :P Onya Marko.