You've got to be kidding me? Are you seriously comparing me to a PEDOPHILE!? What is wrong with you? Angling is the largest participation sport in the world! If I didn't have fishing as I kid I would have spent my time doing drugs and getting into trouble. You are the one that needs a good hard look at yourself, Jenny. Get a life.

My comment.

It's just Jenny Moxham! Read any animal based story in the newspapers, and you will find letters to the editor from her on the subject, condemning anyone who isn't a vegetarian, vegan or animal liberationist!Do not send her an email, as you will find it impossible to talk sense or reason with her. She is blinded by her own views and will not entertain or listen to any voice which disagrees with her.She's an animal rights activist who constantly writes letters to newspapers, promotes being vegetarian and claims to be a poet with her animal rights poems.I dont let things like that get under my skin. She has her views, which she airs constantly, but I also have my own views........and I have my legal rights! I play by the law, I promote the positive side of what we are doing, and I treat my captures as humanely as I can! I have no qualms about my sport, I do not apologise for my sport, and I have no reason to feel guilt or shame!The law is on my side, we are permitted to catch fish with hook and line, fish are exempt from the prevention of cruelty to animals act, we follow regulations set by the government when persuing our sport. There are reasons for ALL of this, and Jenny Moxham also fails to acknowledge ANY of this, while trying to anthropomorphise (ascribe human emotions and feelings onto) dumb animals!Should we all follow fisheries legislation, respect the environment and treat our captures humanely, all Jenny Moxham and her little friends can do is continue to rant, rave and push their own views, while the law supports us and our right to fish, while protecting us from harassment, threats, violence or interference from the likes of Jenny Moxham and her little friends!I am not cruel, I do not torture! I am a fisher, a hunter and a meat eater though! I take pride in my efforts to treat my captures humanely, I respect my quarry, I follow the law, I do no wrong, I will not bow to her accusations!Let Jenny go eat her lentils, write her letters and dream up her poems! In the meantime I'm gonna catch some seafood, cook a steak, shoot a bunny rabbit, crack a few eggs, pour some milk and tuck in to a cheese platter, coz just like Jenny, I'm entitled to MY lifestyle choices too! ;)

It's just Jenny Moxham! Read any animal based story in the newspapers' date=' and you will find letters to the editor from her on the subject, condemning anyone who isn't a vegetarian, vegan or animal liberationist!Do not send her an email, as you will find it impossible to talk sense or reason with her. She is blinded by her own views and will not entertain or listen to any voice which disagrees with her.She's an animal rights activist who constantly writes letters to newspapers, promotes being vegetarian and claims to be a poet with her animal rights poems.I dont let things like that get under my skin. She has her views, which she airs constantly, but I also have my own views........and I have my legal rights! I play by the law, I promote the positive side of what we are doing, and I treat my captures as humanely as I can! I have no qualms about my sport, I do not apologise for my sport, and I have no reason to feel guilt or shame!The law is on my side, we are permitted to catch fish with hook and line, fish are exempt from the prevention of cruelty to animals act, we follow regulations set by the government when persuing our sport. There are reasons for ALL of this, and Jenny Moxham also fails to acknowledge ANY of this, while trying to anthropomorphise (ascribe human emotions and feelings onto) dumb animals!Should we all follow fisheries legislation, respect the environment and treat our captures humanely, all Jenny Moxham and her little friends can do is continue to rant, rave and push their own views, while the law supports us and our right to fish, while protecting us from harassment, threats, violence or interference from the likes of Jenny Moxham and her little friends!I am not cruel, I do not torture! I am a fisher, a hunter and a meat eater though! I take pride in my efforts to treat my captures humanely, I respect my quarry, I follow the law, I do no wrong, I will not bow to her accusations!Let Jenny go eat her lentils, write her letters and dream up her poems! In the meantime I'm gonna catch some seafood, cook a steak, shoot a bunny rabbit, crack a few eggs, pour some milk and tuck in to a cheese platter, coz just like Jenny, I'm entitled to MY lifestyle choices too! ;)[/quote']That is music to my ears Ranger. Never a finer word spoken.Now that is more worthy of News print than that of her original letter!

When the hippy conservationists get on their soap box, I wish I could make the following possible for them ;-Take away civilization for them. No buildings, no dole, no paper and pens or arts degrees, just Caves and savage beasts and humans living and surviving in a TRUE natural world. The strong survive and those with fishing and hunting skills dominate the primal tribe. They can gather all the herbs and berries they like, but true sustenance comes from the return of the hunters with large game and fish strung to their backs..... The children rejoice and goarge themselves on the feast so they can be strong enough to themselves hunt and gather and fight other hostile tribes eager fir a good cave and fertile waters and hunting grounds.

Didn't the holy christian bible even make reference to us feeding on the fishes and the loaves? Does Jenny put her own views above and against the holy scriptures and christian teachings? I wonder if Jenny saw animals suffering, just as one example, maybe the KI Koalas, slowly starving and also dying from the koala retrovirus, would she want them put out of their misery.........something which also goes directly against her own ideals of us interfering with animals or killing animals............I think Jenny is cruel and heartless! ;) Maybe I am a meat eater and a hunter....so what! I'm also a veterinary nurse, an animal technician, I have formal qualifications in animal science, and I've devoted 20 years of my life to caring for animals and studying animals, all to HELP animals!Jenny Moxham has no right to condemn me or look down upon me!

Take Ranger's advice and ignore. The amount of comment activity these articles get only encourage these twits. We all know they're out there - imagine what their kids are going to turn out like!!! (that's if they are allowed in the sunshine (might get burnt),breathe the air (ooh the pollution) or converse with any outside their own tribe (might be a child molester)

I agree and disagree. I don't like giving them attention, but I also don't like them spewing their uneducated garbage out to people who might not know any better. A lot of people take stories like that at face value and I'd hate to see someone decide not to take up fishing because they only got Ms Anti-Anglings side of the story.But in principle, I agree with you Ranger.

I agree with Ranger, people are entitled to their own opinions but not to push them on others. I don't eat meat everyday and do enjoy lentils (duck and cover ;) ) and would describe myself as conservationist sometimes with my views but still recognise that humans have eaten animals for a long time and its a good source of protein (We are good predators fact) as well as a good past time. When I fish as do the majority of others, we try to dispatch our catch humanely straight away and ensure the ones that are too small get thrown back to live to breed another day!I agree with not writing to her as she is probably only out to shock in the public domain but am please to read the archived comments below the article on the website. I agree with ugly4life, it would be a shame for someone to be discouraged from fishing responsibly by her emotive illinformed outburst!

i guess it's what we call freedom of speech.but to be put in the same company as kiddy fiddlers and the like burns my p**s. i agree to not reply or send a letter , cos ,( like these street preachers that are getting into peoples faces lately) they get off on conflict . thats the difference between them and us . we don't force are views on everyone else. we find that we have to defend them.

Seems to me the author of this diatribe would be one of the ones vehemently protesting animal rights, but would gladly accept the help and use of the advances made in medical technology thru the use of that very same type of rteserach animal :blink::huh: In my experience ( Other 1/2 was in science research ), and as Ranger would possibly know too, animals used in research facilities are treated with respect, with regualr reviews ofmethods to ensure the humane treatment of those animals :)

Riiiiighteo..."Jenny Moxham has been a vegetarian since 1977 and a vegan since 1979. She became converted' to vegetarianism after being saddened to see a truck load of cattle bound for slaughter and shortly afterwards, discovering that meat wasn't required for a healthy diet.She tries to alleviate animal suffering whenever and wherever she can and writes lots of letters to the newspapers on issues concerning animal exploitation/cruelty and vegetarianism. She has put up library displays, taken humane education kits to local schools, attended demonstrations, designed animal-friendly Christmas cards, organized a campaign to have councils stop celebrating with fireworks and worked on on getting compassion for animals into the schools and churches in her area.Her first poem was written after walking down the street one Spring day and rejoicing in the beauty all around her... and then realizing that millions of incarcerated factory- farmed animals will never know a Spring. She went home and wrote, They Will Never Know A Spring.After that, various situations/events inspired her to write further poems.Her song, A VOICE FOR THE ANIMALS won the Animal Liberation National Animal Rights Song competition in 2000 and her poems have been published in various magazines and newspapers."

Riiiiighteo...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Riiiiighteo...

Her song' date=' A VOICE FOR THE ANIMALS won the Animal Liberation National Animal Rights Song competition in 2000 and her poems have been published in various magazines and newspapers." [/quote']And how many "normaL" people have listened or heard it I wonder ?I bet the main listeners and readers of it would only be the other "Devotees"No better than many of the cults around IMO :c

Nothing more than an attention grabber. This is what you do when you're in dire need of money where your work has resulted in consistent failure. You publish articles like these which would create controversy and regain the fame that you've lost. I respect most bloggers, news writers, etc. but not those who purposely create an uproar just to save their fledgling career. Harsh words but just as harsh as someone who would liken fishos to people who touch kids... It seems that this writer's brain has now smaller than a bird's having not eaten meat for so long. That bit irks me so much especially since this article was actually published!