So here it is... New hook restrictions

I wonder if this means there will actually be increased fisheries presence? something most of us have been calling for forever. I hope they walk the jetties every day and night! they better patrol west lakes too, there have been sharks caught in there you know ;)Love it how the 'metropolitan area' suddenly extends to Lady Bay too (just south of Normanville) lol :D

I wonder if this means there will actually be increased fisheries presence? something most of us have been calling for forever. I hope they walk the jetties every day and night! they better patrol west lakes too' date=' there have been sharks caught in there you know ;)Love it how the 'metropolitan area' suddenly extends to Lady Bay too (just south of Normanville) lol :D[/quote']dunno kingsley from the way i read it you can shark fish west lakes,maybe time for species relocation :evil:

My question is.It doesnt mention anything regarding fishing out of a boat? I dont know why they banned gang hooks what does that have to do with anything.What happens with the long liners?I hope shark sightings go through the roof this year, not that i wish danger apon anyone. If they want to force me to fish after 9pm, within law ill consider starting to berley. Not that it may do alot seeing as your still aloud a large amount of crab nets per person. Atleast with it being 9pm i have more chance of avoiding all the crabbers.edit: sorry was ment to be in pirsa thread

ekul

My question is.It doesnt mention anything regarding fishing out of a boat?

"All fishing activities using a wire trace and/or a fishing hook with a gape exceeding 18 mm and/or a length exceeding 50 mm is prohibited from the Outer Harbour Breakwater to Lady Bay from the mean high water mark to a distance of 500 m out to sea."http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/167683/fisheries_map_v2.pdf

ekul

My question is.It doesnt mention anything regarding fishing out of a boat?

"All fishing activities using a wire trace and/or a fishing hook with a gape exceeding 18 mm and/or a length exceeding 50 mm is prohibited from the Outer Harbour Breakwater to Lady Bay from the mean high water mark to a distance of 500 m out to sea."http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/167683/fisheries_map_v2.pdf
Thanks, dont know why they didnt put that in the news article. If a shark is 500m off shore what stops it coming in 500m more :unsure:

when i was a kid,i used to fashion my own squid jag similar to that of the wire ones.I cant see anything in this stupid legislation to stop me doing the same,ive got a part pack of penn 3/0 gangs which easily meets the requirements.if only they where a bit beefier but if three happen to engage i cant see any difference than one larger hook,mr shark held by barbs chomping on a piece of steelit seems me that the new regulation could be the undoing of us all.daytime ban was all thats required,the pricks have left another way for us to get screwed