need braid suggestions

hey all, i bought a new diawa aird reel 2000 size and a pflueger trion 1-3kg 7' rod to match, i'm planing to use it for bream, salmon trout and maybe schoolies on plastics and hardbodies. i have a budget of about $40. either 4lb or 6lb is the weight i want to fish, is it's not too much to ask, i'd like reasoning for recommendations, cheers :fishing:

Go to your local tackle shop and get them to spool up some 4 or 6lb Fins braid.I recommend getting them to do it because they can lay backing and ensure the line goes on at the right tension needed. This will stop air knots and birds nests, and other headaches.Getting backing put on means you won't have to fill the spool with braid, which will save you money.$40 should be enough.

If it's your first time using braid, I'd go with 10lb sunline super PE. It's thinner than or equal to 4 or 6lb power pro.I have been using 10lb in the white colour for a couple of years now and I can't recall a single wind knot.10lb super PE will break at around 10lb where as power pro, fireline etc. 4 and 6lb could break anywhere between 10-20lb.

If it's your first time using braid' date=' I'd go with 10lb sunline super PE. It's thinner than or equal to 4 or 6lb power pro.I have been using 10lb in the white colour for a couple of years now and I can't recall a single wind knot.10lb super PE will break at around 10lb where as power pro, fireline etc. 4 and 6lb could break anywhere between 10-20lb.[/quote']yeah, i use 6lb super pe on my 1000 sienna, it's a great braid but i do get wind knots and knots

My understanding is that backing is used 1) to fill the rest of the spool when there isn't enough braid to fill it and 2) to stop slippage of braid on the spool under heavy load, but if its only for bream/salmon trout/ whiting etc. then it probably wont slip regardless, if I want to completely fill a spool for say snapper/kings/ tuna, ill use a strip of tape around it so the braid has something to grip under a heavy load. Otherwise backing is used when a spool cant be fully filled with braid.Now days reels are coming out with a rubber type strip around the base of the spool so there is no need for backing, check out the new Penn spinfishers closely, they have it on their spools, so do the Pfleuger Crank models I think :)It doesn't so much protect it, just helps the braid hold tight under heavier drag settings, hope this helps?

Using mono backing is wastage' date=' fill the spool with braid which is not much for a 2000 size reel and after 2 years of use you can then turn the spool around and have new/unused line again ;)[/quote']I agree' date=' but make sure you use some electrical tape to keep the braid from spinning on the spool.[/quote']
Iv'e been using braid straight through for 15 years on different reeels for different species and can't say that braid has ever slipped/spun on the spool once! have never used tape or backing, just spool the braid firmly and theres no problems :) cheers
Iv'e been using braid straight through for 15 years on different reeels for different species and can't say that braid has ever slipped/spun on the spool once! have never used tape or backing' date=' just spool the braid firmly and theres no problems :) cheers[/quote']That's very interesting, only once did I forget to use some tape and even though I packed the braid on very tightly it spun on the spool with very little pressure.What knot do you use to tie the braid to the spool arbor?