Long weekend fishing plans?

I've seen a couple of reports about the long weekend and what people may be planning.

Who's going fishing? What are you chasing and where are you planning to go?

I'll be staying local but will definitely have to have a crack at the salmon off Southport beach and if I'm lucky and a certain father-in-law doesn't take up a decky position I'll possibly be chasing whiting and squid from a mates tub depending on Monday's weather.

Helping a mate move Saturday.

Probably go for some carp and some quiet beers in the fresh on Sunday, lousy tides.

Monday morning hitting up the Port early morning targeting bream, might head to Outer Harbour in the arvo to round out the day.

Weather looks okay for the long weekend.

I managed to get out yesty locally. Mainly drifted around squiding with one paternoster in the water in case I stumbled on a tinger patch.
Only got hook ups on throw backs, leatheries, weedies , red mullet, even a juvenile blue throat!

Ended up with a good feed of squid (2kg of clean edible goodness) n the biggest cuttlefish I've ever caught. The thing was a beast.

Had a really good time just me n my girl, for a 5 year old she is really getting into it and guess what show n tell will be this week? :D

My little whiting rock looked killer on the sounder, the blue blotches where hordes of pigmies tho.

Found em north last week, metro this week, n my mate found them on all his tinger drops down at wirrina!!

Have to speak the guys at the desal, c if they can run a backwash trial again, keep the population in check! :ph34r:

IMAG0861.jpg

i too like Ale got out metro yesterday. i took a mate and me 3 little ones. the youngest two played wth thomas trains on the floor and loved being out in the boat as always. my six year fished hard all day throwing plastics and squid jags. we picked up 9 squidleys and half a dozen snook by dragging a double clutch around. we only kept one snook which my son was extremely proud he caught. was interesting if the 5 different colour jags we tried they would only hit this one

IMG_20140608_160317.jpg

IMG_20140608_160359.jpg

IMG_20140608_164037.jpg

Vxman and myself soaked some big baits off the local rocks on Sunday morning. No luck at all, but that's not surprising considering the dodgey tides! :blink: So we changed tactics mid morning and started berleying for Gar and slowly started to get a few keepers. Vxman was expertly picking out all the undersize ones and much to my amusement dropping all the legals he caught before getting them on ice! :lol: Managed to get a small feed of "dodgey" Gar on a slow but enjoyable morning. B)

Dodgey Gar.jpg

Walked out to 2nd marker about 630am, passed a couple of guys who were there real early. Knocked off about 11 and saw quite a few on the way back, had a quick chat but not sure which ones you were? If you did see me I was the guy pouring with sweat in a jacket.

Picked up a couple of decent size ST's but was really quiet even with a decent burley trail going. Not sure it was worth the rock hopping effort, not the best tide movement though.

We were out there after you mate, and would've been fishing the beach side as you came back, red rugby top, blue beanie, good looking bloke, lol ;):lol:.

It can be worth the long hop, but generally not with tides like Sundays. People have lots of different theories about those rocks the only way to know for sure is to put the time yourself. Years ago, with better knees, I would regularly walk to the end in the warmer months and had some cracking sessions and some not so good ones! ;)

spent the last 6 days at Edithburgh, fished 5 of 6, bloody dodge tide.

anyways scored three boat limits if kgs up too 47 cm and around 50 squid, a few salmon and big winter gar and various rays/skate and doggies as well as being cleaned up big time by a few shaks in shallow (school/gummies?) on light gear.

good weather crap tides.