Hey guys haven't posted for a few years, So I thought id chuck up a short post for yas! Recently went to pt Augusta for the first time chasing kings! We went for 4 days. We fished ridiculously hard for the first 2 days without any luck. Word of mouth was No one else had any luck either! So our third day out was a really early start (like every other day) so we were on the water before sun up n had some squid in the bag early! Off to find the fish!

So we ended up doing a bit of down rigging for an hour or so without any luck! Then we seen some good signs. So I started casting my new outfit around which is a saltiga5000 with my saltiga blue-backer 77s, I was hammering a popper around for a solid half hour to an hour till I started to get sore n was talking to my mate, all of a sudden boof! A kingy nailed my popper out of the water and it had my attention! I blooped it once more n paused n the king came n inhaled it! After a short but solid fight I had my first king in the boat! She weighed 17kg n went 124cm! Nothing else for the rest of the trip but both me n my mate were stoked we got a fish!

Congrats on the first one. I still remember getting my first one in July 1998 but on a live squid. Weighed 18.25kg. Have been going back on a regular basis ever since & picked up many others over the years. Biggest to date is 45kg. Always enjoy the challenge & exilarating fight they put up. Generally go for 3 or 4 days & live on the boat for that time. Have also picked up Mulloway & Snapper particularly around the power station.

Have found several areas away from the power station (particularly when crowded) where have had very good success even in shallow water.

Always nice to see a "V Shape" school heading towards you & the occassional yellow fin breaking the surface to get the adrenalin pumping. Unfortunately a hook up is never guaranteed.

Well done.

Cheers rybak yeah It was my first trip up there and I learnt a lot in the 4 days we were there! And I've heard there's good snaps n mullys to be had in the area! can't beat seeing the fish travelling in schools towards u! I seen some fish leading the packs that would of been over 30 but they were just cruising not feeding! Cheers again!