Does any shop sell

I’m hoping not to far away to be able to fish again . Went by foot to BCF five minutes around the corner from home . Longer with the walking stick. I was thinking of buying a smaller bag that I can sling over my shoulder take less fishing . BCF had smaller bags nothing to sling over the shoulder . Anyone have a clue as to who sells them . I know when I’m back it will only be short trips . Thanks guys 

1 hour ago, doobie said:

Anaconda might have something.

What about a wading bag like the alvey ones.

I want one that I can carry lures line scissors pliers . But less lures than I carry in my back pack . Thinking of  making it easier to walk when I get back . I do live near anaconda as well but I’ll drive during the week .

Was just looking at these for the yak, PVC for toughness, (Anaconda and BCF seem to have the thinner nylon style ones); $13.50 delivered for 5L

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292940781660

I ended up buying a full backpack dry bag as weight is not an issue.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Active-Dry-Bag-Waterproof-Backpack/dp/B082WSFZ63

6 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Not cheap but this looks pretty cool

Shimano Game Vest VF-068T – Isofishinglifestyle

Also found a cheaper version on a roadside junk pile😉

I needed a tackle storage solution for wading

I just cut the internals out of a soft esky and sewed in the shoulder harness with $2 buckles from Aussie disposals😉

D8FF6A38-57E5-4D47-90AC-C435D92A021F.png

0AA8FDC3-638B-4FFC-BBD8-BFCB831748A1.jpeg

9B0D581E-DD9D-4968-9F00-B4CBBF586540.png

AC9C9940-FB4F-4ECB-A410-00F08F67F448.jpeg

360620E3-DACB-486E-B75F-0A1D41367BD0.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Softy said:

Have you looked at Kmart and such? Surely they would have a bag to suit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not yet Softy it came to me yesterday morning about 10 am and I tossed up 5 minute walk to BCF or slightly longer walk to anaconda and get swooped by a pluver . Found out with the stick takes longer than 5 minutes lol . It’s just me thinking if I can’t find what I want I’ll just keep using the back pack .  But once I’m free of the stick I’ll be back sticks not permanent kids want me bait fishing again nope .

14 hours ago, HB tragic said:

Hi Micky. Check out the Shimano Sling tackle bag at BCF. Might be what you want. Regards, HBt.

I was there yesterday didn’t see it the worker didn’t know about it . Early days yet I’ll keep looking a walk there is good exercise .

I too have been struggling to find a shoulder bag in local tackle shops

seems like no one is really stocking them atm

the only place that had one was tackleworld on port road but because it was a ‘trout’ bag in the fly section it had a price tag of nearly $250

i think I will end up ordering this one from online

F408CA28-5BCE-47BA-AE2E-98779F7326D9.png.98166eb1f8006a36fcaf4b3ac4f81701.png

1 minute ago, HB tragic said:

Hi Micky. Depending on what you want to spend I have been very happy with my Rapala Sling bag. Another option to look at. Last time I was in Tackleworld on Port Road they had a few in 2 dfferent sizes. Regards, HBt.

Thanks HBT 

Ok so everyone knows BCF Richmond doesn’t have the shimano sling tackle bag the worker never heard of it . Looked it up one BCF in Adelaide has it Gepps Cross I’m not driving there . Worker suggested buying it online and getting it  delivered not paying for something I haven’t seen . Tomorrow I’ll be halfway to tackleworld I’ll go in take a look at the rapala one . Was a nice walk after hydro therapy this morning though lol

33 minutes ago, lofty64 said:

Hi there mickyj , I use a Boilermakers tool bag ,I have had my tackle bag now for over 10 years , and is still in great condition , lots of pockets , and is water proof ,Look up PIRIE BLIND and CANVAS , my bag is size 112 st .

great bags and will last forever cheers 

Cheers 

4 hours ago, lofty64 said:

Hi there mickyj , I use a Boilermakers tool bag ,I have had my tackle bag now for over 10 years , and is still in great condition , lots of pockets , and is water proof ,Look up PIRIE BLIND and CANVAS , my bag is size 112 st .

great bags and will last forever cheers 

Speaking of tool bags..... - tool belts make a great tackle storage option if you travel light.

They even have a holster for your rod - I still use mine as the preferred option for landbased missions where I'm not carrying alot of lures

100.jpg

I have the Ugly Stick wade bag.. It has a little case for lures in its own tight pocket, has velcro straps for extras, has the front pocket and a ruler, well drained, doesnt hold any water....Its light. It works for me..

I carry folding knife, nail clippers, spare spool, drink, 2 x T-towels, pliers and landing net, phone and camera.. 

Tackleworld Adelaide $59 3years ago.. still as new and its been used heaps...

ugkly wade bag.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 09/05/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mickyj said:

Ok I looked the bag up it’s a Daiwa trout shoulder bag should do the trick hopefully very soon image.jpeg.ed0157916ceade8c7393be9319029bf3.jpeg

Today using the trout shoulder bag I saw the advantage over back pack I don’t need to take it off to pack up . And in the cold of an Adelaide winter morning makes leaving to go home easier .