How often do ya get to wet a line?????????

Always interested in what everyone on this site gets up to.One question I have is how often do you guys get a chance to have a fish??? And more important, how is that time created????Personally, I fish every Saturday. Due to having two very young kids, my minimum fish is leaving the house at 5am Saturday morning and returning at 10:30am. This way I'm not really missed ;)And it's amazing how much productive ground there is within 30minutes at that time of morning :)When I have enough Brownie points it's a full Saturday offshore from Nth Haven or St Kilda. When I'm lucky, a 3am start can get us out off Ardrossan or Pt Hughes.Also about once a year I'll have a weekender like to Balgowan/pt Victoria in the winter or Pt Hughes if it's Summer :)And that's it really, although every Saturday means that a lot of my winter fishing is done freezing my ass off on the St Kilda breakwater shoulder to shoulder with other nutters, catching ST's. Either that or under a bridge in the Port River during them horrible July rain blizzards :woohoo: Although I do have a wife that understands my addiction, she does shake her head some winter mornings when I come home fishless, full of a cold and soaking wet...... But still have a smile on my dial :)

it all depends for me... Sometimes i fish everyday, sometimes none at all... depends how i feel after work and if i can b bothered or not :)im a young single fella that has the oppurtunity to throw the rods in the car and head off for a weekend or day or whatever really. As long as i let me mum know i wont b home for tea :D :D :D :DSo basically i fish nytime depending on my mood after work.However with two tafe courses and full time work it will probably b one to two days on the weekend :(

Having no licence makes it hard for me, and Use to go out a few times a week with Del, but now he is away 20days a month, don't really get out much at all.6mths till i get my licence back, then it is all systems go...No woman to get in my way, sleep,work,fish for a few hours then back to sleep. Sounds like a top plan. :lol:

Guest Brent61southoz

i go whenever i feel like it, gave up work due to a few health problems.i have a leave pass from the mrs to go where ever and whenever i want.went to tennyson worming so tomorrow is planned for yfwbrentliving 2 minutes drive from the beach helps too.

i get out as often as possible but as with most i have 2 young boys that miss their dad and the bloody ball and chain, on top of that i run my own company and am in the building stages so most of my spare time is drained at the moment..last year every fri and sat night this year once a fourtnight but it willbe worth it in the end I BLOODY HOPE hahahahaive also noticed my fishing sessions getting shorter because im trying to take the lads out as much as possible but at 3-5 their attention span is about 4 hours and you can set ya watch to it but better then nothing and they do love their time out there :)

Nowhere near as often as I'd like I can tell you that for nothing :angry: SWMBO rules with an Iron Fist(Iron Curtain?)......a very unforgiving piece ofCold War surplus to say the least.Still,she earns the Rouble,so poor old USSR has to go without :( I do manage a trip to Yorkes every month over summer,and perhaps twice during the rest of the year :pinch:

work 60hr weeks, have a lovely 2yr old girl, an old house, a couple old cars in the shed and a small boat. All means I have to get the moons to align pretty well for me to get away, usally once a month.The wife is real good about it, and I dont "ask" we discuss my outings.Last time we discussed was "way dont you ever go fishing for squid instead of always trying to get big snapper, I prefer the squid to eat" hahaha.Looks like my next trip will be local off westbeach for a feed of crabs /squid and a restocking of bait fridge with slimies for a late season assult on the reds.Longer term plans is a bigger, more seaworthy boat so weather doesnt make such a diffrence and as the little one gets older we can venture out as a fam :laugh:

I have a teenage step daughter who's nearly 14, an older step daughter who's 20 and still living at home and my wife is my best friend who I love spending time with.So when I say Im going fishing, I know my wife is going to be lonely for a few hours thats for sure. So I pretty much try and help her with her business stuff and also do anything major she needs done. Because she does fashion parties on the weekend, I have to lug the gear in and out of peoples houses so I have to time my snapper fishing trips around her work priorities.But Im nearly guaranteed that there will be a window at least once every weekend, or occassionally i will miss a weekend if the wind is up and get some brownie points up. Of course I wont tell her that the only reason Im not fishing on a weekend is that the wind is blowing its head off.Somtimes she just thinks I want to spend quality time with her, so I end up turning a loss of fishing into a win with the wife.I also like to nick off mid week too as that way my wife gets the w/end with me. Im sure that she can cope with missing me for an after work sortee no problem I reckon!:blink: But basically, when the wind is good and I have time off on the w/end, Im like lets get out there and nail some reds or go to some club dams to nail some trout or even head up into the hills to fish for the wild TROUT. trouties.:silly: :blink: :blink: :drink: :woohoo: :woohoo: :huh:Ive pretty much figured out that Im addicted to snapper fishing as a week is not complete till I have chased a snapper and Im pretty much addicted to fishing for anything at all, as Im grumpy untill I get my relaxation time or bonding time with the guys fishing

Ten years ago with no responsibilities the slightest urge to go fishing would see me grabbing a fistful of spare dollars and burning rubber to Rapid Bay, Yorkes, or further afield. These days it depends a bit. I've driven to Yorkes 5 times since Christmas, albeit i was on holidays. Switching into work mode, I can go five or six weeks without dangling a shad, but if a window opens up, theres always a sturdy supply of bait and berley in the freezer, and therods are sitting in their cue like racks ready to go. Oh, and there is a 7ft spin combo that never leaves the car, with a handful of lures, blades and squidgies- you never know when you might cruise past a likely looking pond, creek or dam B)

HahahahaI love that you guys are as addicted (or more if thats even possible lol)to this awesome past time as I am.At least I know I'm not the only one counting brownie points :). All our other halves must be over come with help and compliments at the same time... Just before good tides and favorable winds ;) I'm pretty sure my work days are spent 70% thinking about fishing plans, 29% thinking about my next root... And 1% planning the train ride home... Hahaha no wonder productivity is down ;)Cheers guys, youse make me feel kind of normal Tight lines

im similar to southie, sometimes i get that itch and will fish nearly everyday other times i just cant be bothered unless a fishing show on tv pops up and i start too get that itchy feeling and i just have too go fishing no matter what! the only difference between southie and me is my mum stopped cooking for me years ago :laugh: :laugh: cheers snake