daiwa braid is crap!!!!!

daiwa tournament braid 4Lb for $75 bucks is crap!!! constantly knots up, always twisting around end of rod, horrible abrasive feel to it and even snapped line after casting a light HB lure!!!! will stick to the cheaper Suffix in the future, never had as many problems and half the price!!! not happy daiwa!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've used Daiwa TD braid (the orange stuff) on a few reels and was pretty pleased with it. I think it might be different to your stuff though, but that's a bummer of a time you've had with it.I wouldn't suggest for a second that it's your fault but just make sure that the braid is spooled up onto the reel properly, ie: it's not being twisted against itself. Another trick is to throw the spool into a bucket of hot water and wind it on from there (this apparently does something magic to the braid and makes it lay onto the spool nicely).Regarding Power Pro, if it's the Shimano Power Pro you're referring to then that's really surprising that you don't like it. It's the only braid I buy these days and am very pleased with it. Anyway, horses for courses.Cheers. Tight lines. (no wind knots, tangles or birds' nests)

i hate finns braid... so any wind knots no strength what so ever... i use the rovex viros braid and love it... all my rells with braid on them are now spooled with the stuff...I have heard the cheaper end ebay braid is killer stuff???? any thoughts on this

Really? Finns is all I use, I love the stuff, Never had a problem. I have used Rovex braid and I agree it is good stuff.

I didn't mind the TD sensor but i did get the odd wind knot and found when i picked them out they weakened the line significantly and i lost fish because of it.ATM i'm using Suffix 832 and am pretty happy although you do lose some casting distance on light HB's which is when i usually use my other rod spooled with sunline. cheers brenton

stay away from sunline ' date=' weakest braid i have ever used in the 6lb range[/quote']I love my 6lb sunline, best braid Ive ever used any weight, smooth and a little abrasion resistant, also when using slow steady pressure I have always (touch wood) snapped the 8lb fluro leader when snagged and have boken 12lb with it also :woohoo:
stay away from sunline ' date=' weakest braid i have ever used in the 6lb range[/quote']been using sunline 15lb since january this year have landed over 40 odd legal snapper with it inc a 9.5kg and a massive ray. I would recomended to anyone super smooth through guides excellent braid.as far as daiwa goes, my mates all use saltiga surf braid and lets just say they are very serious snapper fishers who do very very well and they will talk it up all day long.

Regarding Power Pro, if it's the Shimano Power Pro you're referring to then that's really surprising that you don't like it. It's the only braid I buy these days and am very pleased with it. Anyway, horses for courses.

Funky chook, I clearly wrote PENN power pro;) never tried the shimano stuff:) I use Suffix,Sylaflex,Finns, and can't fault the cheap Fireline crystal for strength.cheers
Regarding Power Pro' date=' if it's the Shimano Power Pro you're referring to then that's really surprising that you don't like it. It's the only braid I buy these days and am very pleased with it. Anyway, horses for courses.[/quote']Funky chook, I clearly wrote PENN power pro;) never tried the shimano stuff:) I use Suffix,Sylaflex,Finns, and can't fault the cheap Fireline crystal for strength.cheers
Do you mean Penn PRO POWER?
Regarding Power Pro' date=' if it's the Shimano Power Pro you're referring to then that's really surprising that you don't like it. It's the only braid I buy these days and am very pleased with it. Anyway' date=' horses for courses.[/quote'']Funky chook, I clearly wrote PENN power pro;) never tried the shimano stuff:) I use Suffix,Sylaflex,Finns, and can't fault the cheap Fireline crystal for strength.cheers
Do you mean Penn PRO POWER?
It was called Penn Power pro when I bought it, unsure if it's changed ?, may have changed it's name when shimano released their power pro?cheers:)

I've heard a number of people say daiwa braid is complete rubbish and will never use it again.I won't touch the really expensive braids. Over priced and plain unnecessary.I use Tuff XP & Spiderwire Stealth. These are not overly expensive braids but i have found them faultless and best off all they tend to be much stronger than their stated strength.

haha... depends on what you're fishing for mate. if your having troubles head into your local tackle shop and they should be able to set you straight instead of running around in circles.p.s for finesse/light tackle work there are very few on par with sensor in pe .6. and braids don't windknot themselves.

sunline all the way

Yup..with ya there mate ! been using it for a couple of years now and havn't got a knot that doesn't pull straight through. Rare to get a knot in the first place as well.Also been running fireline on a few rods and pretty impressed with it as well, don't like the feel and son't reckon you quite get the distance but great for the price. Better with age than new to