Tales of a worn out fisho..WHERE DOES THE MOJO GO ?

:c Had high hopes for my long awaited week off work. Was going to pt Augusta, the Pirie and had settled on taking my boy to Pirie, just me and him. But with the crappy weather, it wouldn't have been great dragging a six year old up there and so my half baked fishing plans died a quiet death.In place of a good adventure, I had three rather odd local trips;1. Port river.I went out solo in the tinny on Monday (I think). It was so peaceful and relaxing out there that I set up at a mulloway spot and promptly fell asleep :ohmy:By the time I was woken by a passing boat, it was dark and the boat had swung around tangling my lines hard core :laugh: the live salmon trout were still pulsing away though lol.I groggily headed back to the ramp and retrieved. Trip 2.Adelaide hills. What can I say, first time EVER I didn't catch a trout up there. I did have my boy with me though, so we had fun. (Thursday)Trip 3.I used ti fish St Kilda quite a bit. But I kind of love/hate the place these days. I went out this morning armed with one 2kg rod 4lb line and a bunch of lures sp&hb. It was just sheer laziness really.. I should've launched the tinny and my Mrs certainly gave me the day pass. Oh well.I just want to comment on st Kilda for a moment though. Out there this morning was like one time when I was 20, I found myself sober in a night club at 130am. All the hot chicks don't look so good when yer sober, and everyone seems pretty annoying :laugh: well st Kilda was like "what am I doing trying so hard to catch sts :silly: and why is the guys 3 paces down talking so muuuuuuch shite!!! There were like 50 million fishos there today, and I was in a pretty anti social mood. It felt like I was just surrounded by people dribbling absolute rubbish while waiting my turn to very slowely but steadily fill my bag.The st were on, as I guess they have been all winter, but I realised today with my half assed effort that it's pretty much luck out there. For example I had no joke like ten people either side of me each only a rod length apart.While some would cheer and carry on landing two in a row, the truth was that the school was just cruisin UP and DOWN up and down giving each of us a hook UP or two.I don't even need any for bait, so after a spirited fight, each went back in the drink (prob to land in someone's bucket next lap ;) ). Reckon I caught somewhere between 15 and 20 fish. One big enough to measure went 38cm and tangled two lines bringing it in :laugh:Oh, and the usual antics with boats casting oneside and rockstars the other, and tangles and some boaties prop collected a line and so on and so forth.Im not really one for negativity :P but the above post probably tells you that im a bit out of sorts at the moment on the fishing front.... Full-on lost my mojo, and im not really sure why... Just feel more like throwing punches than throwing lures at the moment, and it ought to be the other way around :blush:So that's my report, warts and all!First day of spring and a lot to look forward to though I should think.

There is less fish around as the years go on..unfortunately The more you try the harder it seems in catching them.I got so frustrated with it all i just come back from a 3 year break and am eager to catch nothing again..LOLI would catch less because i target big fish most of the time and end up usually going home with nothing.But you know one day it’ll happen.

Honestly fellas, you would be bored rigid if you could guarantee hammering heaps of fish out wherever you went, no matter what the situation, or weather or your mood was on the day!!This thread reminds me of the story of the trout fly fishing addict who had spent his whole life devoted to his passion and was Internationally famous. When he died he rocked up at the pearly gates and the Boss asked him what would be his dearest wish and it would be granted him? The guy said that he'd never ever caught a 20 lb trout on a Fly and he would love to do that. So, the Boss takes him by the hand and leads him to the most magnificent English chalk stream, crystal clear, full of aquatic weed with prolific mayfly hatches going on as he approached it. Now said the Boss, you can only choose one fly and you can choose the very best quality tackle that you need. As they are talking a magnificent trout rises out of the water and sips a mayfly down before resuming its station behind a weed covered rock. The guy is quivering with excitement, his dream 20lb fish now well within his final grasp. He thanks the Boss for his kindness and hurriedly takes his leave, rushes down to the gently rippling river in the late afternoon summer sunshine and executes the most perfect cast he has ever done, it hits the huge trout right on the nose and the fight is on!The angler's heart is in his mouth, his excitement levels have never been as high, the trout leaps into the air, thrashes about in the weed vainly trying to shed the hook, the angler can't contain himself but slowly and surely the 20lb dream trout comes closer and closer until he slips the net under it and thanks his lucky stars that he has died and come to Heaven to achieve his lifetimes dream.The next day the Boss comes to see how he's getting on and the deflated angler tells him that he was so excited about catching his dream trout at first but then he found that another 20lb trout had taken up residence immediately behind the weed covered rock so he caught that one too, then another trout turned up until he was finding it a tad boring after a while. The boss was unconcerned when the angler asked if he could try another spot on the river and catch some different trout with different Flies? You see the angler hadn't come to heaven, he'd come to HELL ;)

Hey jack ,dont worry mate youll get back into it when the sun comes back out you and the warig will be hoonin along ,i remember a long time ago when i lived at glenelg i used to go down the jetty after dinner and cast a line ,i wasnt to bad then either always came home with a feed anyway one night i went down there and setup started catching a few ,i notice thes blokes seem to be getting closer ,keep catching mainly tommies and maybe a sand whiting or two the next thing i know i am surrounded guys casting over the top of me trying to get a fish until the inevitabel happens ohhh gee sorry mate must have cast over you huge tangle ,here is this knob head trying to untangle a devastation ,i just wipped out my knife and cut my line packed up all my gear and never went back again ,there are people who just make a habit of pissn you of they are everywhere they think about no one but themselves if i fish the jetty now (not much anyway ) if someone gets to close now i let them know in no uncertain terms same as boaties who look through there binos at who is catching what ,out of brighton drifting with the ex and daughter we hook two great kg's next thing 3 other boats are around us wiithin minutes of us landing them none before we hooked up ,i just pulled lines in and fired the engine then cicled a few times and steamed off just to scare anything else away what is it with people there is a mile of sea out there but they anchor right next to you :c off i go out to get away from d*&&&&heads not to be surrounded by them i just dont understand them ,catchin gar of the end of brighton jetty burley pot out getting a few next thing oingo and boingo role up with the stereo going at mega blast 10 feet away ugggggghhh lift anchor and go back to port it can only get worse this year i am sure but at least i can get out there before they wake up for some peacefull time crispy

At least when u were younger the fishing was good, me and my mates starting in the 20th centry struggle to have a good session. always get told by people what the fishing used to be like. dont have the funds for a boat to get out there. just got to hope that with all the measures taken to keep fish around the fishing will be as good as it used to be.

Guest horses4courses

I think we've all got those tales in our memories somewhere :dry: Having fished the Port and Outer Harbour rock a majority of my life,I've noticed a lot of changes as well,not just in the physical sense of development of housing,but in people.When I first got my license,you could drive to the Harbour,all but park on the beach,and then venture out onto the rocks.......then cars started getting broken into.....then they were torched........then people were getting assaulted as they came back from fishing at 3am :ohmy: So,I change tack,and then exclusively fish winter months in the Port......after all,you're only going to bump into fisho's in the middle of winter at midnight in the port right?????.........for the first few years,was good,then suddenly one year,I get harassed at 2am by a couple of "men" wanted to have some laughs..........this was around Pelican Point,pre sub corp days........luckily the baseball bat was handy in the back of the HQ wagon,that saw them on their way :P This is my opinion was the "birth of feraldom"..............so,my nightime fishing stopped due to these sorts of events,as I wasn't prepared to take the chances anymore...........society has taken a downturn.Started fishing Yorkes more frequently over the last 15 years or so,and slowly but surely,these areas are suffering the same detriment........vandalism on various jetties,littering of campsites and more recently,the threat of "feraldom" late at night :angry: What is the world coming too?This is my tale of " Lost MOJO "

Totally agree with ya Jack. My mojo disappeared after a couple of successful trips, strangely enough. :unsure: Heading to Lincoln this Thursday though. If there's a well-spring of Fishing Mojo anywhere in the world, for me it's got to be Lincoln. Rain, hail or snow I am going to be spending at least 4 out of the 7 days I am there sitting on the Wharf chasing a LB Red, lol.

At least when u were younger the fishing was good' date=' me and my mates starting in the 20th centry struggle to have a good session. always get told by people what the fishing used to be like. [b']dont have the funds for a boat to get out there.[/b] just got to hope that with all the measures taken to keep fish around the fishing will be as good as it used to be.

What makes you think having a boat will catch you more fish ??

You get more weird people around nowadays because government handouts have gone out of control and unpoliced well enough. Too many abusers of a system meant to assist the ones in need and too many people thinking they are owed the world. The government policy to force population increase hasn't helped either. There will always be a small percentage of bad eggs in any community but this small percentage becomes a large number with more people. Simple math. I have a high level of tolerance and I try to enjoy my rare fishing moments whenever I can. That's all you can really do, eh? At least you got onto a few, Jack. I didn't manage to land one on plastic yesterday. Didn't change my lure around often enough to improve my chances. Too many people. Lol...Now to look forward to next Saturday's final. Carn the Crows!!!

Yes the world is full of what I like to call "Jetty clowns". Those people that dont really know how to catch a certain type of fish but when they see one being caught they rush over with rod in hand and cast directly at where the last fish came from. Not realising that you spent donkeys getting your burley trail going for you to catch a fish and not them..LOL.But what Jack is clearly lacking here is the hookup of a Big Red or a big Jew. He clearly is aching to be stretched by that next trophy fish. The problem is once you have caught big fish or have witnessed and had a part in landing those XOS fish, you then crave it like a new Lamb burger or a Bacon double cheeseburger deluxe.The next big hook up is not far away jack or just head down to Macca's right nowBRett

You get more weird people around nowadays because government handouts have gone out of control and unpoliced well enough. Too many abusers of a system meant to assist the ones in need and too many people thinking they are owed the world. The government policy to force population increase hasn't helped either. There will always be a small percentage of bad eggs in any community but this small percentage becomes a large number with more people. Simple math. I have a high level of tolerance and I try to enjoy my rare fishing moments whenever I can. That's all you can really do' date=' eh? At least you got onto a few, Jack. I didn't manage to land one on plastic yesterday. Didn't change my lure around often enough to improve my chances. Too many people. Lol...Now to look forward to next Saturday's final. Carn the Crows!!![/quote']Yeah, carn the crows! :)Hey, were you at st Kilda yesty too?Im with you re: hand outs. To my mind we have priorities all stuffed up with welfare payments. Why the hell is the retirement age 67?! What a disgrace. We need to look after our massive aging population, those that worked and paid their dues, not payouts to traumatized refugees and dole bludgers.Instead of social workers going out to detention centres with welfare forms, they should be going out there with JOB application forms!. Workcover blugders, single mums driving brand new cars smoking tailor made smokes, and dole bludgers with better fishing gear than me (and a meth habit)... What's bloody going on.My mum was a single mum for some time and she was never given bugga all cos she worked. And im a former soldier and a good hardworking welder... Guess what, I smashed my back and had surgery... Bad time with a young child on the way! when I first went back to work, me and my wife would've made more $$$ on the dole...and heaps more if we weren't married :ohmy:I was supporting my family on just 600 a week when I first stopped welding!!! Treated like crap and the office dumb ass. Could have easily been on a disability pension, but now finally the rewards are coming in for my efforts and change of industry. I was having a smoke in Melbourne the other month in my suit and tie... A bludging mongrel came up to me front of airport and asked for a smoke.... I said sorry mate No. He gave me a mouthful and called me a stuck up :c. ... I laughed right at him, just a loud and genuine laugh from my guts. I paid $21,000 tax this year and got $295 back :( So don't bug me when im having a fish or smokin a dart ;)

What makes you think having a boat will catch you more fish ??how many land based kgw you get metro ?and yer if i try all season i might get a size LB pinky.or i could give squid a crack at brighton jetty with 20 other people blocking off the end.i guess what im sayin is when theres not 20 people all trying to catch 1 fish u mite hav a better chance or a better time fishing

I dont reply to forums much anymore, but i cant let this one past,Fishing is so much more than throwing in a line and wanting a bag limit,Its the planning the trip, the thrill of a new spot, the night before tying rigs and dreaming of the mecca fish,the sun rising as your heading out with wildlife and dolphins,its the unexpected, the never knowing,the antisipation, watching the rod tip while enjoying a cuppa.always learning a lifetime couldnt teach you everything, never boring, the satifacion when , yes not often or always, but the times it does all come together.A sport you can enjoy with 3 generations, the mates, the wife, or in solitary bliss,Once it was a commonality, a mateship quickly struck with strangers, with a common interest or obsesion.you can take it as serious with comps and records or as casual as you like.yes theres more of some species and less of others, theres the rude ones, or just plain new, as with the rest of the world, more regs and rules, Im on a dissability pension that isnt obvious, like a wheelchair, I volunteer, conribute to society, work when i can, I live on a pittance and fishing, is a luxury, an excersise, and bloody good therapy,I get told often, "its okay for people like you" ?I get told to get a job, pay taxes, i voted for the gst so i could.Id give you a fag if it wasnt my last one, help you put your boat in, tow you back if you got stuck, i share my catch when im lucky enough to get enough.Ive passed on the little i know to many, I went from line wound on a coke bottle to a proper hand line, then a rod as a gift, now i have a stacer, i support my tackle shop, the term used to be "the patience of a fisherman"I thank the universe when i feel well enough, when everything falls into place and i get to go fishing, I return ready to face all the rest again, till next trip.Ali

I dont reply to forums much anymore' date=' but i cant let this one past,Fishing is so much more than throwing in a line and wanting a bag limit,Its the planning the trip, the thrill of a new spot, the night before tying rigs and dreaming of the mecca fish,the sun rising as your heading out with wildlife and dolphins,its the unexpected, the never knowing,the antisipation, watching the rod tip while enjoying a cuppa.always learning a lifetime couldnt teach you everything, never boring, the satifacion when , yes not often or always, but the times it does all come together.A sport you can enjoy with 3 generations, the mates, the wife, or in solitary bliss,Once it was a commonality, a mateship quickly struck with strangers, with a common interest or obsesion.you can take it as serious with comps and records or as casual as you like.yes theres more of some species and less of others, theres the rude ones, or just plain new, as with the rest of the world, more regs and rules, Im on a dissability pension that isnt obvious, like a wheelchair, I volunteer, conribute to society, work when i can, I live on a pittance and fishing, is a luxury, an excersise, and bloody good therapy,I get told often, "its okay for people like you" ?I get told to get a job, pay taxes, i voted for the gst so i could.Id give you a fag if it wasnt my last one, help you put your boat in, tow you back if you got stuck, i share my catch when im lucky enough to get enough.Ive passed on the little i know to many, I went from line wound on a coke bottle to a proper hand line, then a rod as a gift, now i have a stacer, i support my tackle shop, the term used to be "the patience of a fisherman"I thank the universe when i feel well enough, when everything falls into place and i get to go fishing, I return ready to face all the rest again, till next trip.Ali[/quote'] :blush:Maybe that's the response I needed to hear Ali. It's been a big 12months, and when this week off came, I just needed a rest, a la falling asleep in my boat.For all of my bitching and moaning above, I was genuinely excited to hear another member PIKK0N was maybe out at st Kilda that day too. What im trying to say is your post is both humbling and a timely reminder to appreciate the fishing and the fags that I have yeah ;)I think sometimes everyone just needs a good rest (and maybe to think a little before spewing forth ugly internet rants).All the best Ali... Sure told me :blush:
Hahaha' date=' this thread reads like an episode of Today Tonight.It's got single moms, dole bludgers, refos, work cover cheats/bludgers, meth heads. I'll check back to see the obligatory diet posts, angry neighbors, car hoons, dodgy tradies etc ect :laugh::laugh::laugh: Back to you Rosanna. :clap:[/quote']Quoted for truth, n to mention u forgot bloody footy!!! :lol:

Hi jack if a grey haired older guy comes up to you and asks you hey mate got a spare smoke ask him his name before you say no ,18 years ago i was the pride of the nation now i am called a dole bludger because i havent secured employmnent for 5 months out of 35 years ,people say to you why dont you get a job ya bludger if they only new what i have done and seen ,this country is getting more and more like america ,i understand that you supported your family on 600 dollers ,so did i a basic weeks wage ,now i face the real threat of bancruptcy as the funds are running out and 249 dollers a week aint much to live on ,the council gives me 25 dollers of my rates a quarter that equates to around 4 dollers a fortnight ,wacko lets throw a party ,for the pitifull amount they do it sucks ,things have turned for you jack youve done ok nothing against that mate but a smoke miught just make someones day a bit better crispy

If i may then Ale...Hawks V Eddiewood, should be a corker of a game. Hawks to win by 35-50pts.Adel V Swans, another ball tearer. We've had the wood over the Swanees for a while now and i think it'll continue Saturday.Crows by 15-20 in a tussle but i also wouldn't be suprised to see them blow the game open either.Go you Crow Boys!!!!'Leggies knocking off the Bays at the bay Fri night. Should be our year. Could be an omen, Legs and Crows 1997, could history repeat?

If i may then Ale...Hawks V Eddiewood' date=' should be a corker of a game. Hawks to win by 35-50pts.Adel V Swans, another ball tearer. We've had the wood over the Swanees for a while now and i think it'll continue Saturday.Crows by 15-20 in a tussle but i also wouldn't be suprised to see them blow the game open either.Go you Crow Boys!!!!'Leggies knocking off the Bays at the bay Fri night. Should be our year. Could be an omen, Legs and Crows 1997, could history repeat?[/quote']Mate, the sooner the arse slap season is over the better!! It can take its rain and 20knott southerlies with it!!! Much rather mill pond conditions, 34 degrees anchored on ya favourite drop, beer in one hand, rod in the other, radio on,listening to how one of the Hussey brothers is going to save the Aussie innings!!!! Bring on the 3am launch, in shorts n thongs watching the sun come up over the Adelaide hills just as that rachet starts screaming in agony due to dirty stinky dog that's just scoffed one of ya offerings!!!!Bring it, not much longer now!!
If i may then Ale...Hawks V Eddiewood' date=' should be a corker of a game. Hawks to win by 35-50pts.Adel V Swans' date=' another ball tearer. We've had the wood over the Swanees for a while now and i think it'll continue Saturday.Crows by 15-20 in a tussle but i also wouldn't be suprised to see them blow the game open either.Go you Crow Boys!!!!'Leggies knocking off the Bays at the bay Fri night. Should be our year. Could be an omen, Legs and Crows 1997, could history repeat?[/quote'']Mate, the sooner the arse slap season is over the better!! It can take its rain and 20knott southerlies with it!!! Much rather mill pond conditions, 34 degrees anchored on ya favourite drop, beer in one hand, rod in the other, radio on,listening to how one of the Hussey brothers is going to save the Aussie innings!!!! Bring on the 3am launch, in shorts n thongs watching the sun come up over the Adelaide hills just as that rachet starts screaming in agony due to dirty stinky dog that's just scoffed one of ya offerings!!!!Bring it, not much longer now!!
So you love footy then :P
Hey' date=' were you at st Kilda yesty too?[/quote']Was at St Kilda with Samrota and his son but it was my shortest trip there to date. Was only there for 3 hours before leaving. Didn't have much luck fishing and the number of people there meant that there weren't too many areas I can move around to. Had I arrived earlier at 6am, I'd have been able to get a few trouties on my SPs but yesterday was one of my worst sesh at St Kilda. You win some, you lose some. :D@crispy: Hope you don't get me wrong. I get that we're hitting some tough times at the moment. There are people out there genuinely looking for work but just can't like yourself. I was referring to those who just want to be on handouts and wasting these money on crack and booze when it is meant to assist them with their needs (even though it's hard to live off that little money).
Hey' date=' were you at st Kilda yesty too?[/quote']Was at St Kilda with Samrota and his son but it was my shortest trip there to date. Was only there for 3 hours before leaving. Didn't have much luck fishing and the number of people there meant that there weren't too many areas I can move around to. Had I arrived earlier at 6am' date=' I'd have been able to get a few trouties on my SPs but yesterday was one of my worst sesh at St Kilda. You win some, you lose some. :D@crispy: Hope you don't get me wrong. I get that we're hitting some tough times at the moment. There are people out there genuinely looking for work but just can't like yourself. I was referring to those who just want to be on handouts and wasting these money on crack and booze when it is meant to assist them with their needs (even though it's hard to live off that little money).[/quote']That’s why they call Australia the lucky country,you get a lot more here than other countries.In the U.S. you get welfare for the first year then after that you get only food vouchers.In some other countries either get food vouchers or nothing.This is the reason we don’t have too many homeless.