What's in your tackle box?

Hi guys n gals,Just wanted to get an idea about how we all fish in this forum, how many people use pre tied rigs and snelled hooks? Or do you prefer to make all your own rigs? What kind of tools and equipment do you bring? What's your 2 cents on being prepared for fishing? is there anything in particular that you can't go without on your trip?For me, I always have on hand:1. At least a few pre-rigged general lures, no matter what species I'm targeting2. Snelled hooks of various size3. A few float rigs, with changeable hook sizes4. Running sinker and pat rigs of various sizes, with changeable sinkers5. Nail clippers6. Squid jags7. Pre-rigged soft plastics on fluoro leaders8. 8lb fluoro leader9. Grease and oil for reels10. Towel, bait board, fillet knife, bucket

Hi guys n gals' date='Just wanted to get an idea about how we all fish in this forum, how many people use pre tied rigs and snelled hooks? Or do you prefer to make all your own rigs? What kind of tools and equipment do you bring? What's your 2 cents on being prepared for fishing? is there anything in particular that you can't go without on your trip?For me, I always have on hand:1. At least a few pre-rigged general lures, no matter what species I'm targeting2. Snelled hooks of various size3. A few float rigs, with changeable hook sizes4. Running sinker and pat rigs of various sizes, with changeable sinkers5. Nail clippers6. Squid jags7. Pre-rigged soft plastics on fluoro leaders8. 8lb fluoro leader9. Grease and oil for reels10. Towel, bait board, fillet knife, bucket[/quote']I always have: A good range of soft plastics & jig heads as that's my main type of fishing.An assortment of HB lures.A few different types of leader.A heavier trace mono for rigs that don't require finesse.Terminal tackle (hooks, swivels, sinkers etc).Floats.Squid Jags.Nail Clippers. Most of my rigs I make myself. If I am feeling really dedicated I will do up 10 or so rigs the night before I go. Most of the time I can't be stuffed though and just tie them when I need them. :P

I like the straw idea, nice! :clap: I restock my box every summer.. hooks, sinkers, rigs, floats, etc.. and just recently hb lures and plastics.. think im gonna need a bigger tackle box! Dont know if you can get much bigger than the 4 tray plano i got now though lol :lol: I tend to take alot of plastic bags filled with random crap too, towels, water etc.. oh and of course my trolley with the ice box, gotta keep the beer cold B)

nothing, its all over she shed floor and in shelving with no real idea how im meant to compact 6 piono boxes down to 3 again :/SquidingLight fishingHeavy fishingLuresSoft plasticsRandom tackleThen the 8+ sizes of line, 3-4 knives, glow sticks, more soft plastics, grippers, random hooks etcArh its almost too hard ot go through!

Rust! :blush:

Nothing a bit of bog can't fix?So everyone seems to at least have squid jags, soft plastics and HB lures on any given trip.One question: do you guys have them pre-tied onto a leader, or just in their little boxes or bags ready to tie? The only knot I bother with while I'm out is the 2 knots for the swivel to main line if I get busted off or snagged, I leave most of the knot tying for home under good light with warm hands!

i got a backpack tackle bag, in it i have:sinkers, all sizeshooks, from garfish thru to sharkstrace line up to 80lban assortment of larger soft plastics and jig heads for snapper but i havent tried them yetsquid jagsbox of hardbodies2 or 3 kniveslong nosed pliarselectrical tapepre made rigs for whiting and snapperterminal tackle eg swivelsbraid scissorsfloatsprobably forgetting a few things but i can tell you now that its pretty bloody heavy :pinch:

Couple of hard bodiesplenty of metalsA tray full of soft plastics and jig headsscissorsplierscurrent pamphlet on legal sizes etcfloatssinkerssquid jagshooks6lb leader and 30lb leadersurf poppersswivelssmall knot bookglow sticks for squid fishing at night.Thats about it, though im only starting off, still got heaps more stuff I want :laugh:

I used to have a tackle box, then that got huge lol. Then I had a RAPALA thing with big trays in it and cool pockets and a shoulder strap... I liked that, but when I was a good 12-18 months without a boat I got smart and started taking a backpack.:laugh: then I started to NOT take everything including the kitchen sink with me :cheer: So now I have an assortment of tackle trays and have big ones than remain home and try to take only essentials. (Try :blush: )Same as rods, I used to cart around up to five rods... for just in case lol. Like a 2-4 kilo bait rod, a 2kilo sp rod, a 6-8 kilo heavyish rod, plus a 6kilo plastics rod and a heavy overhead for floating a balloon :ohmy: Now though, I generally only take two rods (even in the boat). One heavy and one light.For the trip I.take only what I need for.the days target. IE, 6/0 hooks and little size six baitholder hooks. Upto say 5 snapper leads and a few 00 tiny sinkers. PliersNailclippers (for the braid)Tape measureLipgrippersCamera. Little box of.suitable plastics jigheads and HBs The only line I take is spare leader. The night before, im always carefully to pack light and.sensible, but.that backpack is always.a bit.heavier than it should be lol.BtW, it's cool to pack a v light backpack with lures only (soft&hard) a drink and a bit of leader for a trek out st Kilda, or on the flats or up a trout creek.... Awesome on foot with one rod in hand having a good ole crack :)

Southie's on the moneyI have boxes, bags & traysI have a tackle box for the boat, I have a backpack for the rocks, I have a different backpack for the beach, I have yet again a different backpack for the jetty then I have a largish tray that goes in a backpack or fits onto a tub when I'm wading, aaaannndd I have a very large tackle box which just has spare gear in it for top upsthere are a lot of the same item in each kit but it saves me pulling thinge out of one to put into another depending where I'm fishing, I just pick up whichever to go whereevermost of the people I fish with think I'm a bit nuts cause my tackle "storage" is always neat and organised but hey, when the fish are on I don't spend 5 minutes farting around in my tackle box looking for gear like they doTackely insaneYorkyPS: I forgot, I also have a large tray full of jigs, skirts & large lures for fishing the bottom end

im with yorky.dedicated tackle bags for river/jetty/beach/rock.i actually only take a bumbag of tackle when rock and beach fishing. with a water proof bag inside my back pack for the fish. generally fish from the car up the river. back pack from the jetty. back pack from boat.i use trays and tackle boxes for bulk storage in the car. but a must is a 6" Knife, braid scissors and POLARISED sunnies.for new angler to the Gawler Angling CLub (find us on facebook) i stress "plan your trip and target species, dont guess, or you will take to much tackle and catch less fish"