When it comes to quality bream gear, I believe Daiwa and their real four technologyis way ahead of Shimano!Luvias, SOL, TD Advantage, Tierra, Excellor, Infeet, Airty, Exist, Certate, Steez, Geez how could ya go wrong!!!Posted ImageDigitally designed Digigear II Silent oscillation II Twistbuster II Cross wrap Machine-cut high accuracy ?Zaion? body and rotor 7 stainless steel ball bearings inc. 4 Corrosion resistant CRBB ball bearings Superfine Dura-aluminium machined main shaft Machine cut engine plate Rotor brake Hyper Tournament Drag Air Spool ? an engineered resin, metal plated hybrid spool with titanium coated lip Washable design Ultra light rubber coated cork handles inc 2 ball bearings Machined aluminium handle All saltwater friendly. 5 year warranty For a dedicated Bream spinning reels though, maybe consider something a lil smaller and lighter than the 2500. Maybe 1003 or 2000 maximum.

I used to be a strictly Shimano man, but my loyalties have shifted towards Daiwa, mainly because, as stated, their quality and performance has surpassed Shimano on the whole. I also believe they are better value for money. The top of the range stuff is still comparable in my opinion (eg; Stella), but the middle of the road stuff like the Luvias and Sol, I'd opt for Daiwa over Shimano. The Luvias 2500 is a great little reel and craps all over the Fireblood for example - a similar reel with a similar price tag. I run that with a 7ft Tierra 2-4kg stick for bream, loaded with Sensor braid and it goes well.I also had some great service from Daiwa on a Cladia Kix 3000 that had a bit of a drama, but that was pretty much straight outta the box. But they got it done quicksmart at no cost to me, which is what ya want. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifCheers,Wino

Shaneo,I would recommend the Luvias over the Twinnie. Could i like Ranger also suggest that you go for the 2000 over the 2500 as its probably a better size for bream. I have daiwa 2000s, 1500 and 2500s for Bream spinning and I much prefer the 1500-2000s. that being said the Twin is a fine reel, it is just very hard to beat a luvias!

Daiwa all the way!!!!The luvius is a great reel, I have the 1003 and love it. It's soooo smooth, lays line and casts beautifully.Perhaps the only drawback with the 1003 is the line capacity due to the tournament spool. With the 2000 this won't be a problem.

Daiwa is fine BUT, as I have said before, IMO the 2500 is too heavy for a 2-4 kg out-fit. Buy what ya want but at least try the 2000 on a rod first, I reckon ya might save yourself some heart-ache. Remember, a 2000 will balance nicely on any 2-4kg rod, short or long ( 6ft- 7ft ) {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

• 5 months later...

"D.A.I.W.A" "D.A.I.W.A" :D Daiwa all the way for me to ;) I used to be a Shimano man but started to buy Daiwa and have never looked back ;) I have just got a Daiwa Freams Kix (thats a good choice for a reel ;)) and it is a fantastic reel, and the Daiwa Tierra is a great rod not top of the line but a nice rod ;) I will be adding to my Daiwa range another reel and a luvias rod and reel ;) just don't tell the Mrs ;) :DDaiwa, Quality knows no substitute ;D

hey shaneo... i own an use both a luvius2000 an twinpower 1000... both are brilliant reels and hav caught me some excellent fish... even pulled in a 100cm mullie on the lil twinpower 1000 wile casting lures for bream.... but defntly go the daiwa luvius.. such a beautiful reel to use smooth, sleek an ulta light... one thing i found with the twinpower was it tended to bounce & bobble a bit on retrieve... i also own an use much higher class reels such as certate an stella 2500's but find the luvius 2000 much nicer and perfect size to use casting lures for bream due to is ultra lightness... hope i could be a help.... gyro

• 1 month later...

I'm a Daiwa man, I use an Emcast Advanced 5500 on my surf rod and just bought a Sol 3000 for my flick stick, I've tried/use a few others but just keep comming back to the Daiwa, The action is spot on and never had a problem with any of my Daiwa's.Mike

DaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaDaiwaSTEEZ!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...