palegic rods on ebay

Hi all was cruising around on ebay fishing gear tonight and saw a small light weight rod made by pelegic looking for a small whippy rod for casting poppers next summer for the yellow fin or even now for salmon trouties ,just wondering if anyone has used these rods ,the price was 39.00 but he had a make an offer so i offered him 20.00 for it it was rejected so i offered 25 still rejected ,these are obviously from china so i figured 20.00 was fair offer obvously he didnt any comments welcomecrispy

Guest Brent61

i first saw a pelagic 'gold weapon' used at waitpinga , tried it and loved it.i then bought a 'red ' and 'gold ' weapon for boat fishing , very nice.however it was the gold weapon that jumped out of my boat .have just replaced it with another gold weapon.very light rods , good for whiting,salmon, squid etc from the boatbrentif your ever down this way,come have a look

I bought one a few years ago. I didn't have huge hopes for it as it was only 20 something bucks.But even those low hopes were shattered. What a piece of sh1t!I thought it would be whippy. About as whippy as a piece of cooked spaghetti.Might be ok for a 5 year old as a sprat rod coupled with one of their 2000 sized reels that are about the size of a 5000. You know, the ones that have that little tight spot on every revolution of the handle.

Have had two (2) of their rods for about 4 years, no problems with it at all, nice whiting rod, good cork grips, (yes, still in tact)I suppose it comes down to type & style of rod you buy and how you look after it..So , I would say the small amount of money I paid , has definitely paid for itself... :fishing::clap::fishing::clap:

Hi as you can see some like them others don`t rate them at all i have the bait caster model that i use for whiting ,they arn`t as whippy as i thought they would be but for the 20$ i paid not a bad rod at all ,i also brought a sambo bait caster rod that i found to be much better for the whiting a lot more flexible and have caught some nice flat head paid the same price as the palegic, the one bit of advice i will share is stay away from the cheap bait caster reels they are offering ,they are cheap and nasty i had that much trouble i just tossed it out the boat!!

I have a few of their rods and reels and for the money paid for them I have no complaints at all. Lets just say for the price of a reasonable baitcaster outfit at my local tackle store I now own a baitcaster outfit, a few spinning outfits plenty of braid and mono line and probably have some change to go buy some worms. And they are an Australian owned company too as far as I know so that's a good thing.

well it appears we have a hung parliment here 50%say rubbishand 50%say there happy with there purchase ,oh well at least it got a good diversity of opinion ,i use a lot of jarvis walker gear two of my outfits came as a setup and havent had any dramas with them ,i see a lot of guys here talking about reels on here hiow they have got there omigoomi that has 600 ballbearing and two golden wingnuts on the side ,diawa are supposed to be a reasonable brand i bought one not so long ago second trip out the bail arm strted to jamb up ,some of the older blokes here will remember the mission brown colored diawas i used them for years and never had a problem i think that it comes down to personal preferance and what you can afford thanks for your in put so now it is up to me i think ill toss a coin on this one crispy

• 3 months later...

Yeah mate i got one at the start of the year for the yellow fin whiting and we have had a great season of YFW this winter in port lincoln and i am very impressed with the rod i caught dozens of fish on it and am happy with it. I got mine for 23 dollars bidding on it not a buy now item but it cost 15 for delivery still not a bad deal

hey mate ' date=' if your looking for a good value for money graphite rod you cant go past the rovex airstrikes. there around $60 and theres about 4 different classes. Ive caught big snapper on mine and a couple of my mates use them over higher quality gear.[/quote']I bought an 8kg Rovex Airstrike from GotOne on main nth road. Very lightweight rod, graphite and perfect for chucking big plastics at snap and mullies. It's an absolute ripper and only $70. I have the 2500 Twinpower reel on it lol, that little reel has monster drag! Anyway, yeah, love that Airstrike rod!