Biggest snapper

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd never caught a snapper until this weekend. Went out with my uncle and caught 3. My first ever snapper went a whopping 100cm - could not believe it. Going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face f

finally broke the 30lb and mtr mark this year at the stanvac barges (a while ago) we ended up with 6 fish over a mtr that day...

May not be my biggest red but it was certainly my biggest on light tackle, not bad for a Wednesday night after works effort.went 9450mm and a bit over 9.2kgCaught onRod: daiwa sol 2-4kg Reel: quantum

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Nice fish Fushlups. Your beating my record !! Yet an over 60cm snapper but ti won't last long !! infact the 6th of feb to be precise !! :cheer: thinking I might even persist with the Sp's while the others use bait, I know I won't be the first to cathc one on the charter but hopefully can go the biggest :woohoo:

• 4 months later...
urhookedfish wrote:

Wow, thats an awesome BLADE caught Red ALLROY, is that the only snapper youve caught on a blade...what sort is that as I want to add some to my arsenal for next season..

Hi Guys, I just noticed your post about blade caught snapper. I know STRIKE PRO(The band i use) have just brought out a 65mm version of what i use. i have already ordered my few for the snaps. these ones will be great. nice tight vibe, good size 6.5cm to be seen and also a good weight 26g for the currents. I've caught both mullys, snaps, and bream on the small 3.5cm ones i cant wait to try the larger ones. if you want to see a pic there also on page 78 of the May/June issue of Freshwater Fishing Mag.Cheers Goldy
  • 6 months later...

I've finally beaten my previous best of 43cm! It was accidentally caught on my whiting rod, which consisted of a $50 7ft shimano rod (stole it off the missus) and my new stradic ci4 2400 with 8lb braid. Performed brilliantly under the conditions and was a LOT bigger than the whiting I was expecting :woohoo: Measured 92cm and weighed a touch over 9kg (I'm a big dude and the fish is pressed against my chest so it doesn't look it :( ) It fought like you wouldn't believe and I now see why people are obsessed with catching these beasts! Bloody great fun :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Posted Image

Awesome statesquider!!! I've got one of them $50 shimano rods (but it cost me $65 about two years ago :( lol but I do keep going back to it).Looks like an old fish mate, I'd believe it's every bit of 92cm. Magic! I have never caught one on light gear like that, so I'm pretty jealous :)Bet your glad you had that nice Stradic on, I imagine it must be your new favourite reel :)