what has been caught in WESTLAKES

Guest Brent61southoz

Guest Brent61southoz

OK , seeing the thread about reports of kingfish in the lake, i thought what fish have been caught and have you caught something different/strange in westlakeshonestly i've caughtsalmon upto 2kg firstly back in 1979yellowfin whitingblack breamfloundersquidgarangel fishprawnsblue crabs to 71cm nip to nipmost bizarre catcha bbq lamb chop , near the rowing club at 100ambrent

OK ' date=' seeing the thread about reports of kingfish in the lake, i thought what fish have been caught and have you caught something different/strange in westlakeshonestly i've caughtsalmon upto 2kg firstly back in 1979yellowfin whitingblack breamfloundersquidgarangel fishprawnsblue crabs to 71cm nip to nipmost bizarre catcha bbq lamb chop , near the rowing club at 100ambrent[/quote']lamb chop... geez it must have been hungry:laugh: Surely mullet is in your list as well Brent:huh: PufferToadiesheaps of shit fish in there.... as well as the big boys !! somehting keeps them well fed!

socks and t-shirts from the rowing club :laugh: and blue ringed octopus from up near the outlet.....Bower Road?Was just sitting there fishing in amongst some rocks,and I dropped my knife into about 6" of water.As I leaned over to pick it up,I saw something "scurry" under a rock.....so I flicked it over with the knife,and there he was,all lit up in all his glory :ohmy: Tipped out my coffee,and caught him in there to show the kids.....after a quick look,and a "lecture" about them,sent him on his way ;)

I've caught the following:BreamFlounderSoleGarfishKing George WhitingJumping Mullet/ Yellow eye mulletMullowayRockfish/ Rock WrasseSalmon TroutSnapperTommy Ruff/ Australian HerringTrevallyTrumpeterWhitebaitBlue Swimmer CrabSquidCuttlefishFlathead small onesYellowfin WhitingSand WhitingCowfishOctopusPrawnsBlind MulletSnookMusselsRock CrabsRazor Fishand some other people have caught these:CatfishLuderickMorton Bay BugTortoiseBlue Ring OctopusEelBronze WhalerCarpPort JacksonLeather JacketSweepGurnardFrogmouth Pilchard

Guest Brent61southoz

Carp.....was he on holiday? :dry:

well i thought it was funny BUT,:laugh: back a few years (anywhere up to 30) at the southern end where those houses are now, ran a freshwater drain where large carp use to get washed down,so !:blink: my first after school job was in the mall back then when it opened 73-4ishi was at footy park in 76 when they had thousands of spectators on the groundshit i'm oldbrent

those mudskippers are awsome breambo/mully bait ;)

Shhhh, thats my secret weapon your giving away there :P Never got a mully on one but have almost never failed with the big bream, especially when the little ones are swarming, my mates think I've just given up but almost always the big one happens along ;)