Squidgies Vs Berkley soft plastics (land based)

Depends on what your fishing for. If I was trying to land a land based snapper on soft plastic I would be choosing the 5 or 7inch gulp Jerk Shad in Nuclear chicken.Have found them to way outperform squidgees on the REDS. The Berkly Juice and especially that of GULP Alive juice is dynamite and is way better than squidgee scent IMO. Of course if you are going to fish Berkley Gulps seriously then you will need the appropriate PLANO non leakable storage containers. Once you have em stored in here, they will last for seasons and you get no leakage.

I've only tried 2 packets of gulps and had plenty of Bream following them and only managed to catch two legal fish ever. Squidgys have never caught me any Bream but I've bagged out on Salmon Trout using the 3" Squidgy Pro Flick Baits in pilly colour. So squidgys for me. gulps leak juices and get dehydrated too quickly if you don't look after them.

Theres something about the way that bushy and starlo advertise squidgies that puts me off , saying they are true aussie plastics ,when all their plastics designs are ripped off straight from american plastics. Also cant understand why they dont sell the "squidgie scent" in a big bottle . Berkley for me.

Im a very amatuer plastix flicker and Ive only ever brought one pack of gulps, and caught ST's on them.But I to found a few mongies in the pack. The one gulp caught me 4 fish, and was still mint, so left it on the jig head on the rod until I got home. Once home, the gulp was stiff as!!!I put it back in the packet, to see if the juice will soften it but I have my doubts.I havnt opened the packet to see.In regards to the scent, I prefer the Squidgies in terms of storage and application, found my packet of gulp to be pretty lean in regards to the amount of juice aswell.I do think the actual Gulp juice is good, I only caught a handful of fish that day but always after Id re dipped the plastic. But Ive found the same when using the squidgies.I wouldn't mind a spray bottle of the juice to spray on my cloth squid jags, Ive heard the didlies go spaz for it.

Like most people have said, both brands have some really good styles and colours. I prefer the gulp worms to the squidgy. Land based I reckon anything you target will eat a squidgy wriggler of some size. With the stickbaits, minnows, shads and fish it might come down to picking a few colours/styles and seeing what works best for you. Asking the tackle shop what works for your target species in your area will help too. Berkley powerbait do some good minnows as well. There are sooo many different brands and styles for you get addicted to and spend your hard earned on, so good luck!!!

I use both on occasion, but i definitely prefer Squidgies.I sometimes feel like using Gulp! is cheating, as you get belted even if its sitting on the bottom doing nothing, but that's a whole different argument anyway, and might not bother anyone depending on what there objective for the fishing trip is [ie fishing for food/numbers Vs fishing for C&R/enjoyment only].I also think that Squidgies have a lot better action to them due to them being a more flexible plastic, you also dont get as many that are bent/out of shape straight from the pack.Squidgie 80mm flickbait in pilly would have to be my favourite most versatile plastic at the moment.

Gulps do get more hits but im sick of 3/4 of every pack bein bent and outta shape plus they leak everywhere. Am considering just givin all my gulps to my brother coz im sick of the smell. In my opinion squidgies dont catch quite as many fish but the average size of fish on them is way better. Plus i dont believe there is a fish in the sea that wont eat a squidgy wriggler.

I've personally had more success with Gulps and prefer them over squidgies. Gulps leak all over the place and stink my tackleboxes and tacklebags and backpack if I happen to be using one so this is the only reason I use squidgies instead.I will be investing in the plano cases that are built specifcally for them but until then they are just too messy..Would love to get my hands on a bulk supply of sfactor though :)

I would also agree with BenM.... The squidgy wriggler is hands down the best most versatile plastic in my opinion.I do like the flickbaits from squidgy pro range too, with a smear of S Factor.The only Berkley Sps I use are the 3"power minnows for Salmon trout ;)

any body used the "slam ultrabites" ??just curious as they have some i wouldn't mind trying.http://www.graysonline.com/search.aspx?q=Minnow+3inch+-+Slam+Stimulate+Fish+Lure+with+Ultrabite+-+24+pack

Yeah mate I have. They are supposed to be made of food material or some such thing and Mark Burg reckons they are banned in some comps.Personally I think they are a very simple mold/shape and have crap all natural action. I reckon flathead (if your lucky enough to have em around) and Salmon trout are all they are good for ;)Only my opinion and some more experienced lure fisho's might be able to give you a better rundown.

Dont bother they're stiff and have no action

sounds like a quote from my wife :P:P:laugh::laugh::laugh:
hahahah good one ;) those slams baits are only good for one thing and thats snook.. i use em alot for snook.. spesh the white/pille colours since there stiff and dont swim properly you give them lots of twitches and jerks and the snook swipe em like no tomorrow... idk but yeh had alot of success with them on the toothy garfish...Any other fish nup no way... lol possibly ST's and Redfin but dare i needa explain why i think the slam plastics would work on them :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I like both! i use squidgies more but when im saltwater flicking or kayaking i always have the gulp worms on me ive caught salmon trout, flathead, bream, kg and yellowfin whiting, silver whiting, wrasse, cod, mullet and it goes on! fresh water i love the squidgie wriggler for trout and reddies.