Well spring is almost here.... What are we hoping to achieve/target this season???im hoping to get my 1st lure caught bream/mully....Will be heeading to my usual Mully spot early this year :) plus a few NEW river systems to give em a crack...Cant forget the trout and Redfin eitha.... Maybe even some callop cod from the murray so there ya go my targets for spring.... What about the rest of the strike hookers out there :)Brayden :fishing::boat::boat::boat::boot::boot::fishing::fishing:

Great topic Banga, Im trying to crack the Metre Plus BIG RED! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: OR WILL SETTLE FOR cracking my first 10KG plus Red!so many on here have done this so its time I stepped up my game! I also want to put a tag get in my PB Snapper if I get it, and the fish swim off successfully! :clap::d/:d/:clap::d/:d/:d/ Also trying to crack 60cm Brown or Rainbow trout from a river or stream only within SA, but not a lake or private dam fish. Will be tough but is achievable :whistle: :whistle: UHF.

Great topic Banga' date=' Im trying to crack the Metre Plus BIG RED! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: OR WILL SETTLE FOR cracking my first 10KG plus Red!so many on here have done this so its time I stepped up my game! I also want to put a tag get in my PB Snapper if I get it, and the fish swim off successfully! :clap::d/:d/:clap::d/:d/:d/ Also trying to crack 60cm Brown or Rainbow trout from a river or stream only within SA, but not a lake or private dam fish. Will be tough but is achievable :whistle: :whistle: UHF.[/quote']Would love to land my first ever snapper in general.. havent had the oppurtunity as of yet to do so... and a 50cm trout would b awsome aswell :D

Very good topic.My goal for spring is to catch n release a big coffin bay kingfish out of my own boat with my own rod using a hook that i tied on myself.Hooked an enormous one last season but the son-bitch got off!

Very good topic.My goal for spring is to catch n release a big coffin bay kingfish out of my own boat with my own rod using a hook that i tied on myself.Hooked an enormous one last season but the son-bitch got off!

Just dont end up like this fella nanman :blink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-yO2hJam8&feature=relatedor this :Phttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rejwG-ufQ&feature=related
Great topic Banga' date=' Im trying to crack the Metre Plus BIG RED! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: OR WILL SETTLE FOR cracking my first 10KG plus Red!so many on here have done this so its time I stepped up my game! I also want to put a tag get in my PB Snapper if I get it' date=' and the fish swim off successfully! :clap::d/:d/:clap::d/:d/:d/ Also trying to crack 60cm Brown or Rainbow trout from a river or stream only within SA, but not a lake or private dam fish. Will be tough but is achievable :whistle: :whistle: UHF.[/quote'']Would love to land my first ever snapper in general.. havent had the oppurtunity as of yet to do so... and a 50cm trout would b awsome aswell :D
should be able to get a snapper easy as mate, might have to fish my rock spot on yorkes, plently of them there.

1m+ mully has been my goal for the last :c 15years, so this year my goals have changed. Lures probably get used more than bait so my goals are to beat my lure caught PBs on snaps (67cm+) and mullys (70cm+) A kingfish of any size should also be a goal not a dream but will need to travel as that probably wont happen localy.

spent 20 years over on the west coast and caught some monster mullies, giant reds, tonnes of tuna, massive bream, hand fed bronzies off the beach (gunyah) caught a few big ones off the shore as well, metre long flathead, xos salmon, kg's and yellowfin, monster kingfish, abalone, crayfish up to 5kg. basically you name it....In fact, it got pretty boring - whatever I wanted over there I just went and targeted it....Took a long time to get to that point but yeh....I'm loving the fact that I now have to start learning again - seasons, tides, baits, locations, migratory paths, barometric pressure, light etc. I am hunting again!!!! and not just going out to catch a fish.....I'm definately getting to know the mouth region and salt creek and my goal for this season is to crack the monster mullie (70lb and up) code down there....Seen all the photos at the salt creek roadhouse so they are there....I think I get more out of it when I know a "plan" has come together.... ;)

crack my first BIG shark. beat my pb snapper, first mullie and kingie..hopefully will turn out to be a remembered year .. do alot of travelling around the yorkes and hopefully be rewarded with some big fish,, that would be the ultimate..and ofcourse just being out there in general coz it beats NYTHING ELSE !!good lucky guys Barbz

im glad people are taking this on.... gives you the motivation to get out there and give it a crack... well good luck guys and gals in your endevers :D :D if yas want a fishin bud to help conqour those quest just hit me up... always looking to fish with others.. newbies or experienced :D :D Brayden

Excellent Topic Southie!! As we hit the Seasonal Change my Goals are as follows:1. Keep up Bream on Lures.2. Crack my First Redfin.3. Pick up a Wild Trout.4. First Bait or Lure Caught Mulloway.5. Metro Yellowfin Whiting of the Beach.6. Another Big Eagle Ray or Shark.7. Light Line Squidding.I will be a busy Angler!! TT.

spent 20 years over on the west coast and caught some monster mullies' date=' giant reds, tonnes of tuna, massive bream, hand fed bronzies off the beach (gunyah) caught a few big ones off the shore as well, metre long flathead, xos salmon, kg's and yellowfin, monster kingfish, abalone, crayfish up to 5kg. basically you name it....In fact, it got pretty boring - whatever I wanted over there I just went and targeted it....Took a long time to get to that point but yeh....I'm loving the fact that I now have to start learning again - seasons, tides, baits, locations, migratory paths, barometric pressure, light etc. I am hunting again!!!! and not just going out to catch a fish.....I'm definately getting to know the mouth region and salt creek and my goal for this season is to crack the monster mullie (70lb and up) code down there....Seen all the photos at the salt creek roadhouse so they are there....I think I get more out of it when I know a "plan" has come together.... ;)[/quote']Why did you leave mate?

Nice topic Southie, makes for a good read. :) With sporting commitments ending soon and a bit more time on my hands, I'm looking forward to just getting out land based and wetting a line :fishing: , any fish are a bonus. :woohoo: The number 1 target I have is a legal size, metro, land based Snapper caught on a soft plastic. Posted ImageGetting close. ;)

I just want that metre plus mully . Preferred from the onk but would like to hit the port up a bit more this season . Already scored some good firsts over winter and am very happy with that and if i better the PB's that would be a bonus . A good sized snapper from the mully magnet would be nice but to get that mully might take a bit of my time up tho . Off to get some fibre glass , resin and paint so i can finish the goal im on , Making over the mully magnet .