First Onka sesh with wife ! 91cm mully

In case you didnt know I am now married to mrs JJ and since we tied the knot (almost two weeks) i have been absolutely hanging to get back on the onk for a good sesh . Did not care what the weather was going to be i was heading down . Got some wet weather gear for mrs JJ so she couldn't have an excuse not to come along . We headed down thurs at about 3:30pm ish even tho the wind was blowing and it was a bit chilli we still were goin to have a good crack . Got some decent live bait and moved round to my usual spot . Baited up and cast out . Before i even managed to get a new rig made up and baited for mrs JJ i had a little knock . Picked up my rod and ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LP6dkYX8U8It was my personal best fish to date and also beats Sian best of 88cm . IMG_6660Medium.JPGIMG_6658Medium.JPGBut still not that magic metre . I will have another crack tomorrow .

Very cool vid. Well done to you both :clap:Might have to look into some kind of fishing camera. My phone is a little too awkward while juggling the rod :P and I freak out every time I take a pic thinking I'll drop it in the drink.Good luck with that 1m Mully, I think we'll all have a party when that comes along, doesn't seem like it'll be too far away :woohoo:

A big cheers to Barbz Jagger Systemerror Savaglip Cocky Savoc Snake Tdjktj and rickster . Peelin , Sian does a fair bit . The other rod/s get reeled in and put away , bait pump gets turned off and pulled up , lights (if needed) get turned on , puts anything thats in the way away , net gets ready and still does some paddling ! You dont need a licence Softy , we will organise a trip soon . Jack , thanks for the nice words fella and your not doing a bad speilberg either . I bought the canoe second hand Des , and most of the mods are in my photos .Bjorn2fish and Bluegoose , the camera i use is a GO PRO HERO HEADCAM which is actually advertised on this site between or at the end of pages . I got mine through my wifes work , which are about $340 i think . Top camera 10m drop resistant and 30m water proof . Highly recommended . Yes Ranger she is a keeper and considering she took 3 years to land I'm not about to throw her back . Banger , yes i did have to mention it but knowing my luck Sian will probably catch the meter plus before me . Aldingabeachfisho , hopefully i wont need them netting skills but you never know . Rooney , it was good to catch the fish before dark and the video turned out heaps better . With the foot controls i had looked into it but it was going to be almost double and i'm a cheep b:c d . What you dont see in the video Samboman is the five minutes of footage i have off me breathing it before release and almost ripping my arm off ( and me swearing at it) so i new it was time to release but mrs JJ was taking photos . cheers every one jimbo

Alot of hard effort will get a metre fish, i don't think people actually realise how hard it is to crack the metre it might be tomorrow it might be in 5 years time.............. It's not just a matter of 2 trips.... Less talk more action seen me finally crack it after absolutely flogging the onk to death for months on end...... Nice fish never the less.............B)

Alot of hard effort will get a metre fish' date=' i don't think people actually realise how hard it is to crack the metre it might be tomorrow it might be in 5 years time.............. It's not just a matter of 2 trips.... Less talk more action seen me finally crack it after absolutely flogging the onk to death for months on end...... Nice fish never the less.............B)[/quote']you need to start posting some these picies mate. keen as to see em