Sting Ray spots

Outer Harbour platform' date=' Garden island boardwalk or the wharf where the fruit an veg market is on sundays ;)And yes squid would be my preferance alsoGoodluck[/quote']also west beach,cat food for bearly,and ive had alot of success,on pillies for bait and try along the river behind the sub corp :whistle: :pinch: B)

torrens outlet on the beach side. pilchards or squid or any fillet of fish on a single or double hook running rig. had a ray on the size of a car bonnet before cutting the leader. or the garden island boardwalk using the same method.

I'll add the otherwide of the road to the hotwater outlet at the powerstation. Eitherside of the bridge there too. I have hooked some big rays chasing Mulloway in this general area, and seen some some very excited anglers that reckon they have hooked into world record jewies and refuse to be told their marathon efforts will be in vain :blink: Also that boardwalk has seen some nice eagle rays caught.I'm not a fan of rays, but have hooked plenty chasing Jew in estuary and Snapper offshore ;)
another 6 hours today in the port river :( ' date=' so ive fishing from the platform to the end just crabs everywhere, sub corp as far as i can go either side of it, in total ive dont about 48 hours an nothing :angry: , starting to think that there are no ray's in the port river :unsure:[/quote']mate patience is a vertue,the time you have spent so for lacks in camarsume(sorry)to the time i ve put in fish less you need to keep at it and do your home work,keep a diary and right all in it it all ads up sooner or later fishing/hunting not catching /killing is what our sport is called,enjoy the jorney ;):lol:

I've been fishing the Outer Harbour area (Veitch Rd round to the Yacht Squadron) pretty hard since about Christmas (Land Based) and have only seen two rays (one little Eagle Ray and one Very big ray in the yacht marina)......both when I had berley in the water though.I haven't been targetting them though......I only have access to frozen baits and have found they just get destroyed by small bream and such in no time.